Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to my SA today and he said to ignore the “estimated delivery” and expect delivery early April as there was the 2 week shut down due to the chip delay. I now expect my delivery whenever my f&@*ing delivery gets delivered. Absolutely the most ridiculous car buying experience. Why have the delivery estimate if it changes multiple times a day? Just get rid of it and send an email when delivery is ready. It’s like it’s run by a group of people that have polar opposite thoughts on delivery dates who fight over the enter button.

What if I ordered a car and a VIN was assigned and I could see the whole process as it happened? Maybe by 20**

Reactions: sospechoso14
Talked to my SA today and he said to ignore the “estimated delivery” and expect delivery early April as there was the 2 week shut down due to the chip delay. I now expect my delivery whenever my f&@*ing delivery gets delivered. Absolutely the most ridiculous car buying experience. Why have the delivery estimate if it changes multiple times a day? Just get rid of it and send an email when delivery is ready. It’s like it’s run by a group of people that have polar opposite thoughts on delivery dates who fight over the enter button.

What if I ordered a car and a VIN was assigned and I could see the whole process as it happened? Maybe by 20**

Were you assigned w/ a VIN?

Couple reasons

1. After watching all the YouTube videos of people taking delivery of their Teslas taking delivery at home just seems so lame

2. I live in an apartment so I could forsee issues with the actual delivery

3. Don't want to risk any additional damage
I live in an apartment too and in a very similar situation. Got my VIN yesterday (3/17) morning and while I was waiting for the message to schedule my appointment, I get the email regarding Direct Drop (scheduled for tomorrow 3/19). Wanted to change it to pick up from Fremont but they wouldn't let me. Delivery appointment says 9 am - 6 pm, so I have to watch out for delivery tomorrow (hopefully not all day).

After reading many recent posts about Tesla not allowing pick up at SC and forced home delivery, I was expecting the same on mine. Luckily I was still allowed to schedule pick up at the SC I originally selected. Why would Tesla prefer to do home delivery?
Wondering the same thing because it has to be an added cost to them.

Only reason I can guess is they don't want people coming for covid reasons even though it is a contact free delivery

So SA's lie now? There was a shutdown for 2 days and by the 2nd day of production it was back to full capacity.

Wondering the same thing because it has to be an added cost to them.

Only reason I can guess is they don't want people coming for covid reasons even though it is a contact free delivery
Exactly! Each home delivery requires two persons to do. I understand perhaps due to covid, they don’t want customers to be going to the SC, but for the same reason, I don’t want another set of hands driving my car.

Anyone here had experience with Direct Drop? I have mine scheduled for tomorrow and the appointment timing is 9 am-6 pm which is pretty wide. Was wondering if if I'd receive any updates or will the time range shorten as they are close to delivering? Or all I'll receive is an email once delivery is completed? It would be nice to track my car while it is on the way.