Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S - steering wheel yolk material peeling off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3595.jpg

I just submitted a service request to have mine replaced again. The first time it came back from service with damage and they replaced it. I have been very careful but still it occasionally contacts my pants while getting in and out and a spot has worn through the covering.

Amen! If I want a gas engine in my Tesla, that should be an option too!
No! If you like gas-powered cars, there are other brands that still make those. I truly believe that EVs are the better choice as a daily driver though, for many reasons.

Tesla did have a leather option but a few years back, switched away from that or to faux-leather surfaces. I do support that decision but in terms of reliability, they need to make sure the new surfaces will last with normal use.

Reactions: CSGeekme
Concern: Customer states: Interior Trim - Yoke Steering - left side shows “leather” wear. The car has way too little mileage to be showing wear on the steering wheel like this.
Verified customer's concern. Replaced steering wheel assembly with new. New steering wheel assembly operating as designed after repairs.

Correction: Steering Yoke (Remove & Replace)

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

YOKE STEERING 1.00 WHEEL ASSEMBLY PUR(1622612-00-E)

BOLT RC M16X1.5X26 1.00 PC88 PTP(1036655-00-
A)

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Concern: Customer states: Interior Trim - Yoke Steering - left side shows “leather” wear. The car has way too little mileage to be showing wear on the steering wheel like this.
Verified customer's concern. Replaced steering wheel assembly with new. New steering wheel assembly operating as designed after repairs.

Correction: Steering Yoke (Remove & Replace)

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity

YOKE STEERING 1.00 WHEEL ASSEMBLY PUR(1622612-00-E)

BOLT RC M16X1.5X26 1.00 PC88 PTP(1036655-00-
A)
Thank you so much for this info, I think that the Revision part is E than now ?

Since there is a ebay listing with 1622612-00-D vS your latest Part is showing 1622612-00-E Like you said maybe updated materials on this revision..

I wonder what my part # is on my vehicle. I will keep an eye on my yoke for any unexpected wear. Thank you so much !!

Had mine replaced in March for tears. It is an "E" level. Does not feel any stronger than previous.
Rev E replacement here as well. I now have more wear and am scheduled for another replacement this week. I confirmed that the new one is an F revision but now that G is out I'm going to delay my service to get the G revision. This will be my 3rd yoke.

Rev E replacement here as well. I now have more wear and am scheduled for another replacement this week. I confirmed that the new one is an F revision but now that G is out I'm going to delay my service to get the G revision. This will be my 3rd yoke.
Let us know how the G revision goes. I am hoping this gets resolved.

Also how many miles did it hold up for What ever the current revision is on your vehicle.. ?

Maybe someone here can start the Spread sheet and start tracking some data after how many miles of use they are starting to see the wear happening on the material.