Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 UK Budget

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FAB ACT

Dec 29, 2020
UK
I have on order a RHD M3LR + towbar. I was matched and given a VIN by web chat on Monday 25th and then received a confirmation message on Tuesday morning with delivery scheduled 1st - 10th March.
I was wondering if there might be anything for us in the March 3rd budget ie reduced VAT in order to promote EV purchase? Might be worth holding out till the 4th, can’t see anything negative to EV owners being in the budget.
What do you think?

I work in the energy industry and this is something I've been wondering. There are several groups currently calling for VAT to be reduced on 'green' products such as EVs, solar, batteries and heat pumps but no word from the government yet.

A colleague of mine who works in policy has said that the government typically leaks information in the Sunday papers before the budget change (so 28th Feb, this year) and then we'll get full detail on 3rd March.

I'm picking up a Model 3 LR on 6th March, so tempted to wait for 28th Feb before paying my deposit, just in case something changes.