Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Exclusive: First look at a Tesla Detailers Sponge

back-to-nature-river-stone.jpg

Irish Tesla numbers are in from stats.beepbeep.ie and make interesting reading.

878 cars M3's registered in 2021 compared to 724 in 2021 an increase of 18.5%.

In that time the overall EV market has jumped 115% with 8646 EV registered in 2021 compared to 4013 in 2020. This shows there is a market there but this maybe not a priority market for Tesla.

If you look at the UK market Tesla was the 2nd best selling car overall 34,783 car where as in Ireland Tesla wasn't even the best selling EV and 39th on the list overall.

In regards population 67 million Vs 5 million and registrations if Ireland was on a par with the UK we would have 2434 registrations/deliveries when we had 878 (35% of that). Irish and UK adoption rate % have been very similar in the last year's jumped a lot in UK but this driven by Tesla, no doubt would have been the same here with a better supply

In my view the reason for this is Tesla focusing on UK for RHD due the energy crisis (in UK) and also Brexit has impacted Ireland as instead of cars being dropped in Southampton and transported their taken to Zeebrugge and logistics are more difficult. Easier for them just to offload RHD's for UK market.

Poor form from Tesla in my view bit part acknowledgment of Irish market. Anyways there's the stats looked at from my side but also be aware I have an order in since last August and gotten diddly squat.

Reactions: Noel_a and hazbot