Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Falcon Wing Door Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to the dealer this morning. The recommendation is to replace both FWD’s. I will have more details later today or tomorrow. Crazy!

Lol I hope your loaner was made more recently than 2017 and doesn't smell like stale farts like the one they gave me.

BTW, the easiest way to replace both FWD's is to replace your car. Amirite? Did you request Tesla to do a collateral exchange (sometimes referred to as an exchange of collateral)? It's a very common auto industry approach to remedy a situation without involving lemon laws and attorneys.

The Dublin, CA Tesla service center sucks a big pile of azz, so they DGAF about trying to making things easy. But maybe your Midwest service centers will act more consumer-friendly.

Not sure if you still have the car or issue but I have a 2023 MX which experienced similar problems recently. The first time it went into the service center they found the left FWD USS was faulting. Replaced it and no problem. This weekend, I was in a spot when both doors refused to open. Brought it into Dublin today and the technician noted the following:
1711506317835.png

It will be a difficult fight if I want to fight the service center since it’s their experts vs amateur common sense research.

Reactions: towndrunk
Not sure if you still have the car or issue but I have a 2023 MX which experienced similar problems recently. The first time it went into the service center they found the left FWD USS was faulting. Replaced it and no problem. This weekend, I was in a spot when both doors refused to open. Brought it into Dublin today and the technician noted the following:
View attachment 1032488
It will be a difficult fight if I want to fight the service center since it’s their experts vs amateur common sense research.
Guessing this includes PPF as well? Load of crap I say!