Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S "Air Suspension Adjustment Is Not Available, Car May Not Be Level"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well things did not go as they should. Car was delivered a few days ago in perfect condition however the message "air suspension adjustment is not available, car may not be level" came up after only 20 kms or so along with a small red icon indicating a suspension error.

Went into the setting and see that the rear left side is 4mm lower than the right and cannot correct it so I brought it in. They told me they have parts on order and it is a safety issue so they cannot give me back my car until the parts come in however NO estimate on parts ETA!!!

They did give me a P100d fully loaded model X to drive in the mean time however it feels like driving a bus. Good part is all drive modes are available including Ludicrous+ ;)

Anyone else with a refresh 2021/22 experience any suspension error or should I buy a lottery ticket?

Reactions: Neon001
Turns out the second generation compressor, as the service tech described it, had to be replaced. They need to test drive the car now and hopefully tomorrow it will be back home.

Due to the overwhelming response of this thread :rolleyes: I must assume this is something that rarely happens.

Reactions: All In
Mine was just delivered with this issue also and it's going through a software update now. We hoping it might fix the issue until I read your post, now I'm pretty convinced it'll need to be brought in. Dang.

Oh no. I'm so freaked out right now. I really hope the Phoenix SC has loaner cars.
I have the "Air Suspension Adjustment Is Not Available, Car May Not Be Level" error & I stopped driving it last Tuesday. I've been borrowing gf's truck, but she needs it back! My appointment's on Thursday to take it in. I'm having my insurance tow it. If the SC tells me it's going to take weeks, I'm going to let my boss know I can't get to work. This is my only vehicle.

Now the error is "Air suspension compressor disabled" is consistent. This is every time I start the vehicle.

2014 MS 85 - one of the OG ones. Oldie, but a goodie.

I took my Refresh 2021 S LR in for an airbag recall and ended up with a ton of error messages afterwards. Had to get the front halfshaft replaced and it fixed the error messages. Not sure if it was a manufacturing defect or something more common of a problem.

have 2021 model s (non plaid). car has been a nightmare (delivered 12/2021). newest problem was suspension idiot light came on. went to suspension screen and it was set to med and none of the buttons worked except very high. now it’s stuck on very high. alerts say adaptive ride control disabled. haven’t driven the car yet. should i be concerned it’s a safety issue?

This was the detail of the fix for my 2022 MXP Air Suspension errors (from the Tesla invoice):

“Splayed pin found at connector to ride height sensor that was causing intermittent loss of power
when driving. New terminal was installed and verified power and ground at sensor.”

It took 3 SC visits for a total of 12 days in service. It seems to be fixed now.