Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d imagine about the same. Nothing has changed physically at this point. Literally just the letter in the VIN.

@travwill Thanks, but we are looking for factual reports from new NF owners, comparing their builds to this issues checklist. A reasonable person might think an early/ mid 2021 build would have more issues than an early 2022 build (six months later). Emperical data sought.

Congrats !! You're gonna love the car.. I also live in New York and I'm very happy with the 19s. I had a few pot-hole incidents in the past few months and my 19s had no problems. If I went with 21s, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten at least 1 flat tire and maybe even a bent rim. The streets are shitt here.

Thanks! Super excited. I appreciate the input on the 19s. Glad to hear I made the correct choice. Definitely agree about the streets here in Queens and Brooklyn.

@travwill Thanks, but we are looking for factual reports from new NF owners, comparing their builds to this issues checklist. A reasonable person might think an early/ mid 2021 build would have more issues than an early 2022 build (six months later). Emperical data sought.

Ah ok, well yeah I'd expect newer builds, now 2022, to be somewhat better than the initial 2021 release. No official changes though but they could have snuck in some improved methods of build. Was more just thinking there are no one day to another changes though of course. Seems we are seeing some improved reports of cars that meet buyer's expectations well at least.

It'll take a while to consider all the unofficial different viewpoints of buyers as "empirical".

Reactions: jebinc
Ah ok, well yeah I'd expect newer builds, now 2022, to be somewhat better than the initial 2021 release. No official changes though but they could have snuck in some improved methods of build. Was more just thinking there are no one day to another changes though of course. Seems we are seeing some improved reports of cars that meet buyer's expectations well at least.

It'll take a while to consider all the unofficial different viewpoints of buyers as "empirical".
@travwill "Empirical data" as when people confirm that they have or don't have the items listed in the wiki delivery checklist. For example, in the delivery thread, a new 2022 owner reported, last night, not having the waves/distorted rear glass. This past summer and fall, most/all reporting having that, the worm, the shaking driver's side mirror, etc. Looking to see what items on that long known/common issues list may no longer exist, if any. So far, just one report of a clear/normal rear window.

Reactions: travwill
My 2022 build had tons of scratches swirls a few dents and dirt. I wonder if it sat on the Fremont grass for a while or what.

2022 build is just as bad as the 2021s I’ve seen including airbag worm and asymmetrical frunk gaps.

It’s quite embarrassing and all of us know how bad Tesla build quality is yet we’re still buying and there’s a long list of orders so why should Tesla change?

I hope the new factories do better. Doubt Berlin and China have these Fremont quality issues.

• Informative
Reactions: BruinIvy and jebinc
My 2022 build had tons of scratches swirls a few dents and dirt. I wonder if it sat on the Fremont grass for a while or what.

2022 build is just as bad as the 2021s I’ve seen including airbag worm and asymmetrical frunk gaps.

It’s quite embarrassing and all of us know how bad Tesla build quality is yet we’re still buying and there’s a long list of orders so why should Tesla change?

I hope the new factories do better. Doubt Berlin and China have these Fremont quality issues.
VIN #?