Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a difficult question it seems. Been researching and not able to find a good answer on square setup. Tesla recommends the standard 19 scattered for winter. Below is the official spec from Tesla winter package which should come out in few weeks. I assume it will cost around 5-6k which is very expansive. I am moving toward 19x9.5 rim with 255/45/19 square setup. Ideally nokian rubber

Here is Tesla official winter:
19" package
WINTER, PIRELLI PZERO 19x9.5 255/45R19
WINTER, PIRELLI PZERO 19x10.5 285/40R19

21" package
WINTER, PIRELLI PZERO 21X9.5 265/35R21
WINTER, PIRELLI PZERO 21X10.5 295/30R21

This is official model S Manuel about tire setup
Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla

Let me know which way you go. From where I stand they are all about 4 weeks lead time
I will 100% go with 19” rims, some design that doesn’t collect snow (or is at least easy to remove - no 10 spoke bullshit), but will keep the staggered pattern. Losing 30 tread width on the rear is too spooky for me at 1,000 HP.

Having the same weight over less surface area would mean more frequent tire changes, but the difference is probably minor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitjockey
I bit the bullet and purchased the FSD upgrade for my MSLR. I figured it will likely go up in Canada eventually since it's $10000 USD. Paid fully on my AMEX. This is a much better way than to buy FSD with the car. You pay more taxes and can't pay with credit card.

Anyone else who's done this? It's been 6 hrs and I still don't have FSD in my car yet. Or Summon in my app.
I did it and had it immediately

I will 100% go with 19” rims, some design that doesn’t collect snow (or is at least easy to remove - no 10 spoke bullshit), but will keep the staggered pattern. Losing 30 tread width on the rear is too spooky for me at 1,000 HP.

Having the same weight over less surface area would mean more frequent tire changes, but the difference is probably minor.
Did tons of researched and decided to go with square setup not scattered. 19x9.5 rims with 255/45/19. Based on my experience with MX performance and RS7 narrower square does better job in heavy snow and slush. Scattered would be nice in cold days if you want to drive a bit more aggressive. where I am safety over snow is more important.
I won’t be doing any drag strip modes or even keeping it in plaid over snow.

Reactions: Bitjockey
Just got pushed right again by 2 weeks… getting awfully close to the luxury tax…
I talked to my SA and they didn’t receive many LR. They delivered 20 MS so far and the majority were Plaids.

I have a friend who simply called and bought one Plaid that was sitting in the lot.

I think it’s possible to get a Plaid before Jan 1st, but LR will be a nick of time thing from what I see. I have a friend with a LR reservation that keeps getting pushed downwards. He is now ~Dec 5th to Dec20th. He’s starting to freak out a bit.

I hope LR guys get a eoy push from Tesla to avoid the stupid tax. 👍

I talked to my SA and they didn’t receive many LR. They delivered 20 MS so far and the majority were Plaids.

I have a friend who simply called and bought one Plaid that was sitting in the lot.

I think it’s possible to get a Plaid before Jan 1st, but LR will be a nick of time thing from what I see. I have a friend with a LR reservation that keeps getting pushed downwards. He is now ~Dec 5th to Dec20th. He’s starting to freak out a bit.

I hope LR guys get a eoy push from Tesla to avoid the stupid tax. 👍

I hope so too. I put $100 down in July when they quoted me Sept for delivery. If I have to cancel for luxury tax I want my $100 back… though I know it’ll never happen.

Refreshed Model X - Has anyone received a reasonable EDD yet? I know for the S many had early 22 dates that got moved forward to 2021. Wondering if it i the same with the X.
I was promised delivery this year (December) when I changed from a 7 to a 6 seater config. Still sitting with the "TBD" with what - 7 weeks or so until the end of year. Given the issue over the airbag recall affecting Model S and X refreshes, I wonder if that's the latest hurdle for parts shortages along with the ramp up of production. Lots of Model Xs sitting on the test track at Fremont.

Just received a VIN!! Woooo!

April order (RN1148)
LR/MSM/Blk/19’s
Pickup at Calgary
EDD shows 22nd to 29th Nov.

NF (2022) VIN!

Attachments

• 40B91E7D-15EC-4B46-AB4A-39372ADD6D6E.jpeg
    40B91E7D-15EC-4B46-AB4A-39372ADD6D6E.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 120
You might have the first NF vin reported on the forum
I didn’t think I’d seen one. Although I haven’t kept on top of the US deliveries.

SA messaged to tell me I had a vin and that it’s going into production. If that’s true then I don’t expect delivery to be next week but I’m just happy things are moving.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed it’s actually already near the end of production though and can be delivered next week. I’ll post when I find out. :)

Congrats!

My Edd is 27-nov 04-dec but still no VIN

My RN show a 2021 ?! Do you remember in your account that was showing 2021 ?
I have been taking screenshots every time it got updated but never of the main screen. The screen where it shows EDD still doesn’t show any reference to the VIN or 2022.

I honestly can’t remember what it said prior to today. I think it said “2021 Model S” but I’m not sure.

I think that I must have picked one of the most common configs which helped me get the 2022.

Reactions: Patmobile