Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X Instrument Panel failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, for the past few days the instrument panel has been acting finicky in my 2022 Model X - going out, coming back on, sometimes a reboot (soft/hard and even a complete shutdown) helps, but it's very random when and if it comes back on. At one point, with the sunlight in just the right position I could make out some controls but now there's nothing. I'm unsure whether there's backlighting to the panel or not, but it appears it's gone out. I've booked a service appointment for now but am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? It has been particularly cold (-15C). Software is at: 2023.44.30.8

20240117_124443.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: jiehan
Well, the screen blackouts kept getting worse over the weekend. On Monday running up to the service center the screen would not return despite several reboots. Of course once I arrived, the technician came out and lo and behold, the screen was working. He did acknowledge that it does happen and he would investigate it.

Got the X back today from service - they replaced the IP screen ( I didn't realize that it stretched across the entire width of the car). Overall, a smooth service returned within 24 hours. Nice experience overall - can't complain.