Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y, tesla forgot to install type c ports in the center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took my delivery yesterday.
They forgot to install type c ports in my center console, wireless charging also doesn't work.
Kinda hard to believe this...

Is there anyone else here having the same situation?

It is hard to believe they can deliver the car like this... crazy
Would you rather they hold the car until they can install a pair of USB ports…for however long the back order is…or deliver you a functioning car and install the ports later? Personally, I don’t care if it’s missing. Supply chains suck right now. For everything.

I’d take the car now vs waiting for possibly months just because of stupid USB ports I don’t have to use for a while.

Just took my delivery yesterday.
They forgot to install type c ports in my center console, wireless charging also doesn't work.
Kinda hard to believe this...

Is there anyone else here having the same situation?
No, they did not forget. They appear to be short on parts. Some were told about it.

So you really weren’t told/notified about it prior to accepting? That is shitty if true.

From the way how the center console and other parts are installed and attached in the cabin, if Tesla decided to retrofit the missing components, I cannot think of a way that they can do it without breaking some retaining clips, or bending some interior trims, or scratching the synthetic "leather" covering a little bit.

Would you rather they hold the car until they can install a pair of USB ports…for however long the back order is…or deliver you a functioning car and install the ports later? Personally, I don’t care if it’s missing. Supply chains suck right now. For everything.

I’d take the car now vs waiting for possibly months just because of stupid USB ports I don’t have to use for a while.
I would rather get notified (I don't like surprises and then having to check what else might be missing) and given the option of getting it now and install the missing parts later or be able to delay it until it's all set up.