Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MX dead 12v battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the best Jump Starter for my 2022 MX?

Thanks.
Remember, the Tesla low voltage battery now is 16 volts, not 12 volts. I doubt there is anything out there that will work. Is your car dead now, or was this just a question for future reference? Theoretically, the 16 volt lithium system is supposed to be far more reliable than the AGM lead acid based system from earlier years.

Reactions: Pricedm
Remember, the Tesla low voltage battery now is 16 volts, not 12 volts. I doubt there is anything out there that will work. Is your car dead now, or was this just a question for future reference? Theoretically, the 16 volt lithium system is supposed to be far more reliable than the AGM lead acid based system from earlier years.
Tow truck guy jumped it with a 12v jump box and was able to drive it up onto the flatbed. So, for future, I'm just wondering what is the best.

Tow truck guy jumped it with a 12v jump box and was able to drive it up onto the flatbed. So, for future, I'm just wondering what is the best.
Did you get any warning before the Low Voltage Battery (aka 16V Li-ion battery) died on your presumably < 1 year old 2022 Model X?

I am inclined, from time to time, check the state of the LV Battery via the in-car Service Mode - since it seems seeing the warning of dying LV battery is mostly miss vs a hit.

Attachments

• 20221124_182509.jpg
    20221124_182509.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Pricedm
Drive it on the flatbed, as in under its own power? This will be interesting to hear how it plays out. There have been very few reports having anything to do with the 16 volt lithium system. Be sure to let us know what the final outcome is.