Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 RWD speaker activation harness modification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my 2022 model 3 RWD. I have seen a lot of threads about the wiring harnesses to activate the tweeters. One thing I can’t seem to find is info on the crossovers. It looks like the harnesses just put a high pass filter on the tweeter, but I can’t find anything about a low pass to the midrange speaker it is in parallel with.

I would guess that the system would sound better with a two way crossover. Has anyone attempted that? It has anyone taken the harness apart to verify if there is a low pass in it already?

It is just a highpass. All of the different versions of cables have been dissected and some are better than others. There are huge threads here detailing them, including mods to make them better.

FWIW, I didn't bother adding it to my 23 rwd. I did have it on my 20 sr+ because it had the rear speakers.

i got 2 different set of hardness off amazon for my 2021 SR+, they work at the beginning, but when you turn off the car for awhile then start again the front passenger speaker don't work for like 5-10mins then works again. not sure if its because of the software update.

It sure sounds like the quality of the harnesses are hit, and miss. I think I have some more reading to do, and when I get a harness I’ll have to ohm out the connectors to make sure they are solid.

I might try to add a low pass to the midrange speaker, and use the existing high pass to see if that sounds any better than just the high pass to the tweeters. I seem to recall the high pass being 8.5 kHz. I’m also going to be adding taps for a subwoofer.

Just took this screenshot from HS website. Note part I highlighted.

Attachments

• Hansshow audio.jpg
    Hansshow audio.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 124
That statement was not there last week when I was looking at it. I think I’m going to avoid the harness for now. I’m leaning towards installing some coaxial speakers in the dash to add speakers that way.

Thanks for posting that.

If you're remotely interested in a harness, contact the guys at EVOffer. At least they have a history of paying attention to Tesla's updates and looking at solutions where needed. They will more than likely have an answer of whether their own harness works with the recent update.

Reactions: GuitarGuyLP