Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 front door speaker connector source and PN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteelClouds

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2021
CA
So the last owner of my 2019 M3 ( lease return) butchered the tweeters ( cut the connectors, soldered speaker wire directly to the speakers and crimped the other end) and did the same to the two midrange/woofers in the front doors. What I learned is that the green connector for the woofers that should be on the harness ( mine were cut off) is a special order item and the smallest quantity I could find was 40 units. I used a pulled harness as my reference to get the proper PN. But, I did find a chinese clone of the connector for 72 cents each .. no min buy plus pins from Aliexpress. I also bought the crimp tool just because it was cheap :D

I also ordered some replacement speaker mounting bolts because the jerk who cut the connectors off also used sheet metal screws to "mount" the speakers to the inner liner. My guess is he/she had upgraded the speakers and didnt want to give them to Tesla. It was also during the lock down when they turned in the car so getting experts to do the work was probably impossible or very difficult so they did a DIY job. What a CF.

Anyways.. I'm including some pics for your amusement and I hope this PN may help someone else save several hours of digging

Attachments

• IMG_8706.jpeg
    IMG_8706.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_8711.jpeg
    IMG_8711.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8810.jpeg
    IMG_8810.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_8812.jpeg
    IMG_8812.jpeg