Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model 3, Odd Grinding Sound (When the fan is on)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day everyone,

I hope you're all doing well.

I'm posting here because I'm hearing a strange sound on my 2022 Model 3 LR. I hear it when the fan is on, particularly when it's set to 72°. It was a chilly day here in SoCal, so maybe it's heat-related? I just took delivery of this M3 last week. And so far I love it. The fan works, as does the heater. I'm posting because I don't know if the sound is normal.

If it is normal, cool. I honestly don't mind it. I'll always have music playing, but I just heard it as I was sitting in the car this morning while I was meditating in the front seat. And clearly I wasn't meditating properly because the sound threw me off. I just wanted to make sure my M3 is alright.

I've uploaded a sample of the sound on YouTube.

Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated. I already have an appointment set for next month to fix some weather stripping issue on my rear window; I just added this symptom, too.

Thanks in advance

I hear that when I turn the system off...it sounds like a pressurization/depressurization of some kind. Not sure. Do you ever hear a loud rising growling sound accompanied severe vibration after not having used the system for a long time (like a couple of days)?