Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022MYLR - One year - 41,429 Miles/smiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my MYLR - White/Black/Tow for one year today.
I love it. 41,429 miles of highway driving from West Palm Beach to Miami, every day.
Autopilot and adaptive cruise control have made my commute so much less stressful. Coming from a 2010 civic, this 1.5-2 hour drive each way, each day, has become bearable.
I've only used the Supercharger network 4 times this year, usually when i forget to plug in at home. Charging exclusively at home on the mobile charger and 14-50 adapter. Typical daily usage is around 60kWh, 90%-20%.

I just replaced the OEM Conti tires at 40,500. I was blown away how long those tires lasted given how poorly they wore during the first 10,000 miles. I replaced them with the Vredstein Quatrac Pros after reading many many reviews. In the first 1000 miles, the quatracs are averaging about 295 wh/m (versus the 40K average of 282 wh/m for the Contis). The first couple hundred miles were up around 325wh/m and i was a little concerned. So far road noise seems slightly better, grip is similar. We'll see how wear is at the first 5k rotation.

I've used it to pull our ATV trailer around and pick up lumber from home depot, loads of gravel from the landscape store, and even move a chicken coop my wife bought.

I've been holding off for this day to let my teen driver start driving the car. We'll see how that goes. Since we hardly drive our ICE vehicle during the weekends anymore, this is the only way he'll get his time behind the wheel before his license. fingers crossed. I'm hoping Tesla brings their insurance program to Florida soon to see some reduced rates. So far that's my only real gripe with the car.

Issues I've had:
Flat tire - wife curbed on day 2, mobile service came to house and swapped, had to pay for new tire
2 TPMS sensors have failed so far, replaced by Tesla Palm Beach
Connectivity module failed in May, replaced by Tesla Palm Beach
Center console USB module failed, replaced by mobile tech in Miami
Rear hatch misaligned from day one, but slowly shifted to the point of causing contact between the two right side light housings. Tesla PB adjusted hatch and replaced both lights under waranty.

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

How well did the paint in the front of the car hold up to all those highway miles?
I have one tiny little chip from following a gravel truck to close one day. Kind of wish I had opted for ppf and ceramic on day one but I only did the mud flaps at all 4 corners and ppf on the rear fenders. Thankful all our rain keeps the roads pretty clean.

Oh, is that a thing? There's no best practices just a bunch of us theorizing, lol.
Yeah I know. But I did see a return in range after the first time doing it. Could have been an update that occurred the same day or could have been a BMS recal. I drive the same route, same speed, everyday so I have a solid baseline in what my range remaining at both ends should be. If it changes I assume something is up. One day it dropped significantly and I found a tire puncture before the tpms alerted me.

Just installed my second set of tires as I rolled over 90,000 miles. Vredestein Quadtrac Pros. I had the stock 255/45/19 on for 49,000 miles and they were great. I went up one size to a 255/50 this time around (1 because of availability, 2 for added sidewall with all the Potholes and dirt roads here in western west palm beach).

I drive a single route every week day down to miami lakes and back to west palm. 185miles round trip. Averaging around 280wh/m. The vredestein tires have been excellent value and performance compared to the Conti's that came on the vehicle. So far i'm not registering any significant battery degredation, charging to 95% every night and getting home between 18-24% after the 185 miles round trip. Typically i end up closer to 22%.

Nothing else has shown up as an issue. Going to get an alignment as i have a slight pull to the right, but its mostly gone now that i installed new tires.

See you again in a year.

• Love
Reactions: Bart404 and El joe