Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.20.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I got the 2023.20.9 update on 07/20/2023. Coincidentally, my driver side headlight stopped working properly around the same time frame so I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with the daytime running light not turning on on one side after the update. In the morning when I'm driving to work, I notice it doesn't work and then later during the day, it starts working again, and it keeps happening over and over again since last Friday. As I'm here, a Tesla mobile tech is here replacing the entire driver side headlight for me under warranty (I only have this car for 4 months) but I'm just afraid that it was more of a software update issue. If anyone else is having the same issue after this update, please let me know. Thank you!

Edit: Left headlight replaced already and tech also said he reinstalled the firmware (he said he had to do it anyway). So far it's working but I'll update if the issue persists.

Last edited:
Mine says FSD v14.4.4 but 23.7.20 ? Didn’t get get any updates for over a month! The FSD version doesn’t match the software version discussed above. Any ideas

Sit tight. You are on the FSD stream so don't get the features or headaches those on the non-FSD stream get.

It didn't help that the two most prevalent updates recently have been 23.7.20 and 23.20.7. Especially for those of us with dyslexia.

Hi All - did this update a few days back and since then my navigation is wonky. My location stays frozen for a while. Ended up doing the scroll wheel reset and once things started up, there was a solid 15-30 seconds delay before LTE connected and the maps started moving. Hopefully figured itself out or another update hits soon.

Had an interesting problem today- my acceleration changed to CHILL with no apparently easy way to reset it back to Standard - then my top speed warning reset to 80 km/h from 125 km/h for some reason - I did a hard reboot then played with virtually all settings before the "CHILL" finally reset (by itself, mind you- I didn't try to toggle the grayed-out settings at this point) - so what's up? Any idea if these two bugs are related or why they occur?

Hi All ,
drive a Tesla model 3 (2020) .
got this latest software update also .
just wanted to share this with you since the tesla engineer responsible for the software update looks like they hit some random keys with actions on the canbus network.
  • for the first time at 0 km charge left (dropped from 3 in 500 mtr to 0 while coasting) , vehicle goes into to fully disabled mode (no drive input at all ) warning stop vehicle and leave safely. (yes thankfull for a tow @ 8km/h with no powersteering from the wife in here V60 PHEV 3 miles to the chargingpoint and that I was not somewhere on the road without hard shoulder )
never had this before (110 th.km) , drive it each day 300 km ...had it run several times before below 0 km of charge even up to the point that it would start to loose power to drive @- 22 km of charge ....(in cold or hot conditions).
  • a unknown input of actions or sequences will turn on the AC when its put into off. ( looks like f.i. 3 times use the indicator into right and engage autopilot after will turn on AC , like a bad programmed condition in the canbus as a sequence for activate AC.) weather its good or bad weather or humid or very dry .
best Peter ,

• Funny
Reactions: DJ Palmis
2023.20.9 here. My Bluetooth calls work fine, and AFAIK the lights are OK too. But it's very aggressive about screaming at me to take control when I'm near the edge of the lane, which is new and unappreciated. My previous was 2023.20.4.1 which i had no problems with.

Hello, I got the 2023.20.9 update on 07/20/2023. Coincidentally, my driver side headlight stopped working properly around the same time frame so I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with the daytime running light not turning on on one side after the update. In the morning when I'm driving to work, I notice it doesn't work and then later during the day, it starts working again, and it keeps happening over and over again since last Friday. As I'm here, a Tesla mobile tech is here replacing the entire driver side headlight for me under warranty (I only have this car for 4 months) but I'm just afraid that it was more of a software update issue. If anyone else is having the same issue after this update, please let me know. Thank you!

Edit: Left headlight replaced already and tech also said he reinstalled the firmware (he said he had to do it anyway). So far it's working but I'll update if the issue persists.
Mine is flickering after update