Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.44.5.1 Messages Tab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bad, version is 2023.44.30.5.1. I just noticed the Messages tab is missing in the Phone app. I can still send texts and the car will read incoming texts, but the messages tab is gone. Rebooted the car, to no effect. Did I miss and feature announcement, or is this a bug?

Phone, calendar and messages have all been separated in this round of updates. They need to be launched from their own icons. I'm not a fan of this either, but they have done worse before...
Thank you! I did open the app list to check, but I was driving and I didn't see it. Interestingly, I also used the voice command "messages", but there seems to be a bug. If the phone app is active, saying "messages" does not open messages.
Thanks again.

In the holiday update the messages app now appears with no direct links at the top for favorites or contacts. One must go to the phone and access the contact there in either favorites or contacts to initiate a text. I think this is a step back in functionality and am hoping that a future update could restore this useful feature. Anyone else frustrated by this?