Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 RWD - Brand new will not charge to 272

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so latest update i got the car back and driving it from 100 to 20 percent and then recharging it has got me up to 266 miles, I have done this 3x. Does anyone have a 19 inch wheel standard range and can you confirm if your computer when at 100 percent reads 272?

Ok so latest update i got the car back and driving it from 100 to 20 percent and then recharging it has got me up to 266 miles, I have done this 3x. Does anyone have a 19 inch wheel standard range and can you confirm if your computer when at 100 percent reads 272?
Yes, with 19in tires, that's what it should show. If you set the tire size to 18in/aero wheels it should show ~272 (or a bit less depending on age of the car). However if you set it to 18in/aerowheels be sure and change it back to 19in for better speedo and range prediction accuracy.

driving it from 100 to 20 percent and then recharging it has got me up to 266 miles, I have done this 3x. Does anyone have a 19 inch wheel standard range and can you confirm if your computer when at 100 percent reads 272?
You can change the wheel size on your car to 18" just to see what it reads, even if the actual wheels are 19". (But set it back to match the actual wheels on the car afterward.)

The order page for the Model 3 lists the range as 272 miles with 18" wheels and 267 miles with 19" wheels. So your car's 266 miles of rated range at 100% seems pretty close to what a new one with 19" wheels is expected to show.

Reactions: DrChaos
Yes, with 19in tires, that's what it should show.
Does it though? Can someone show this in pictures for this vehicle?

This is actually fairly rare. I did not think this applied to RWD. I could be wrong though (can only rely on what forum members provide in pictures).

Often the non-EPA estimates (like 267) are not reflected in the car (though this behavior could change anytime with a software update, it has not yet to date).