Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model x faulty battery / computer - help!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone
After a two year long wait for my LR model x, I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning.
Got a phone call today that the car has a fault, probably in the battery or one of the computers and thus I cannot take delivery tomorrow.
Eta for fix is at least two months depending on final evaluation and estimate time for part delivery from the us to Israel

What do you suggest I do?
I don't want another configuration
New order of possible will also take several months.
How bad is it to accept delivery for a vehicle with replaced battery?

My heart is broken. Me and the family were eagerly awaiting the vehicle.
your help is much appreciated

• Informative
Reactions: ShareLofty
Hello everyone
After a two year long wait for my LR model x, I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning.
Got a phone call today that the car has a fault, probably in the battery or one of the computers and thus I cannot take delivery tomorrow.
Eta for fix is at least two months depending on final evaluation and estimate time for part delivery from the us to Israel

Not sure what availability is there, but I'd drop by the store/delivery center and talk to someone in person. They might come up with some solution.

In the meantime you could leave things as they are. Not sure why the vehicle would be a problem if they get everything fixed. Also you are not losing any warranty time, as you have not yet accepted delivery, so it will start when you do.

It's unfortunate that you can't get your vehicle immediately, but two months isn't that long in the scheme of things. And then you'll have a great vehicle! Oh, and it's very unlikely they would actually replace the battery. Probably some electronics in there. Even if they do, what difference does it make? You'll still have a new battery!

Hello everyone

So if it the battery or computers, then I suspect that it would be the 12V battery and not the big one. That's good, because that's a much more minor situation.

If it is the big battery, then I would INSIST that the replacement battery is a brand new battery. Generally, replacement batteries are reconditioned batteries. While a reconditioned battery is quite okay to have, it's not okay on a car that you get as brand new.

I'm not sure why your specific car had a 2 year wait. I'd talk to service or delivery and see what the options are. If your specifications make it a unicorn, then it may take a long time. The other alternative is that there are probably Model Xs in inventory and while you may have to change your options, you could switch to another car by the end of the quarter. Which means that you need to do it immediately.

Reactions: preilly44
So if it the battery or computers, then I suspect that it would be the 12V battery and not the big one. That's good, because that's a much more minor situation.

If it is the big battery, then I would INSIST that the replacement battery is a brand new battery. Generally, replacement batteries are reconditioned batteries. While a reconditioned battery is quite okay to have, it's not okay on a car that you get as brand new.

I'm not sure why your specific car had a 2 year wait. I'd talk to service or delivery and see what the options are. If your specifications make it a unicorn, then it may take a long time. The other alternative is that there are probably Model Xs in inventory and while you may have to change your options, you could switch to another car by the end of the quarter. Which means that you need to do it immediately.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe the 2022 and 2023 vehicles have a different battery pack than all the older S and X vehicles. They are not, to my knowledge, interchangeable. There is virtually zero chance they'll have a reconditioned battery. But, no problem with asking! Over here you can't sell a vehicle new with used parts on it, so that would preclude using a reconditioned battery. Not sure what the laws are in Israel.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I'm located in Israel. We here, and in Europe, have all been waiting for the model x since February 2021,

I talked to the person in charge. Seems the problem is either in the high voltage battery or another component which control AC DC conversion and communication with changing port.
I will wait till final diagnosis and decide if to reject and opt for a replacement or accept delivery of this specific vehicle if fix is simple.