Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MX - Close Windows on Lock missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find the "close all windows on lock"? It's on my 2022 Y, but not on my 2023 X. šŸ§

I recognize that regulations recently (when?) forced Tesla to remove the ā€œClose Windows on Lockā€ feature. However, I donā€™t recall ever seeing this feature in my early-2021 Model X. And BTW, I donā€™t have a ā€œLocksā€ choice on my display screen Controls page (like I see that Models 3 and Y do).

Is it possible that this feature was never available in the classic/legacy Model X?

Just curious.

I recognize that regulations recently (when?) forced Tesla to remove the ā€œClose Windows on Lockā€ feature. However, I donā€™t recall ever seeing this feature in my early-2021 Model X. And BTW, I donā€™t have a ā€œLocksā€ choice on my display screen Controls page (like I see that Models 3 and Y do).

Is it possible that this feature was never available in the classic/legacy Model X?

Just curious.
Definitely curios. I canā€™t say but hopefully someone here can answer it for your early 2021 Mode X. Iā€™ve both had it on my 2020 M3LR and also on my 2020 MYLR. On my 2023 MX itā€™s gone.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352

Just curious.
My 2017 definitely never had the ability to close windows remotely. I've seen speculation that the 3 and Y had a sensor required to allow this that the S and X didn't have.

• Helpful
Where?! Can you take a screen shot or a picture?
pics?
IMG_4505.jpeg

• Helpful
What version of the firmware are you running? And is this on a MX refresh model or one of the legacy models? I have a (new to me) 2020 MX and not being able to close the windows remotely is very frustrating. I'm wondering when that capability was added so I can see if an update might help me.

Just saw a note pop up on the screen today on my 23MX that said the feature to close all windows on lock was available. Sure enough, it's in the Lock menu.

I checked my Model X today and did not see a "Close Windows on Lock" choice. Here are information about my car and some pertinent cell-phone screenshot photos (for readers new to the TMC Forum, you can click on the images to enlarge):
  • Car: Early 2021 (built 12/2020), so a "Legacy" or "Classic" X model.
  • Vehicle Firmware Version: 2022.45.15 (FSD Beta v11.3.6)

Fiormware Version

• iPhone App Version: 4.20.69
iPhone Tesla App Version
  • On car's central touchscreen "Vehicle" screen (I don't have a "Lock" screen) does not show a "Close Windows on Lock" function slider.
Vehicle Screen

• Furthermore, in the Tesla (iPhone) App windows can be (partially, I guess) opened remotely using "venting" on the "Climate" screen. However, for my car and App I am currently unable to then close the windows using the "Climate" screen of the App (remotely). Here is the "Unable to close windows" message I receive:
Unable to Close Windows Remotely - iPhone Tesla App Screenshot

My vehicle and cell-phone app software versions are up-to-date. However, there is (always) a new firmware update (for FSD Beta subscribers) coming--2023.6.15 (currently with employees for testing, I read). Perhaps this remote windows-closing shortcoming* will be addressed in the newer 2023 version?
_____
* I do recognize that having the windows close accidentally on someone or something (e.g., on a child's fingers or a pet) could be traumatic and dangerous, as unlikely as that might be under normal circumstances.

Last edited:
@tps5352, I'm in the exact same situation as you. My MX 2020 is also running 2022.45.15 and I'm missing the auto-close window functionality. I really hope that they resolve this situation in future updates. šŸ¤ž

I can't over emphasize how nice/important it is to be able to close the windows remotely, and have them close when the car locks.

@tps5352, I'm in the exact same situation as you. My MX 2020 is also running 2022.45.15 and I'm missing the auto-close window functionality. I really hope that they resolve this situation in future updates. šŸ¤ž

I can't over emphasize how nice/important it is to be able to close the windows remotely, and have them close when the car locks.

I have a friend with a relatively new (2022) Model Y. It does not have FSD Beta software; just the latest factory build (2023) firmware. Unlike me, he has the "Close windows on lock" slider setting and the ability to close windows remotely (via App). He says the same thing--i.e., how good it is to have those functions.

In fact, he is concerned that he is going to eventually lose the "close on lock" and "close windows remotely" functions. Could that happen? I thought it already happened to non-FSD Beta cars and then those functions were restored; is that correct?

Reactions: RNHurt