Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Plaid - Wheel and Tire questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to close out my close out, i ended up buying pirelli p zero GOE genesis in 275/35r20 square setup - basically the same rubber that came on the car. These have good sidewall height low rolling resistance, good treadwear rating (50k mile warranty) and cornering performance, and i should be getting < 1% speedo error due to how similar the rotating diameter is. Plan to run 5mm spacers in the rear. hopeful i won't get any rubbing in the front, we will see.
so how did it work out? did you need the spacers?

I never understood when people say this. It's not like you can see the car when you're driving around because you're in it. Are we so worried about what other people see that we're willing to spending thousands of dollars on wheels that we, for the majority of the time, will never see anyways? Unless we just like seeing new wheels on a stationary car?

Or, maybe, just maybe, some of you actually hire people to drive your car around while you follow in another car so you can admire your car driving down the road with the new wheels? :) (yes, I've contemplated this since my P85D has the 21" turbines and I still do wonder what my car looks like driving down the road, lols).
I wish I had opted for 19s on my Plaid for the all-season tires, greater range, and curb protection! The 21s look a bit nicer, but in my opinion, not that much nicer. Just my opinion—I respect the opinions of others, even if they might be wrong. 😂

Reactions: Leeclanual
I wish I had opted for 19s on my Plaid for the all-season tires, greater range, and curb protection! The 21s look a bit nicer, but in my opinion, not that much nicer. Just my opinion—I respect the opinions of others, even if they might be wrong. 😂
My opinion is anything narrower than the 295 ps4s look like bike tires on a car the size of the current model s esp when seen from behind on the freeway. 🤢 look at how horrible the pre 21s look. Even worse with the narrow body plus narrow tires with inboard wheels. 🤮

Plus for those who want the factory big brakes you have to have the 21s. No brainer for me.