Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 rear tires bald already?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anything special about Tesla alignments that only a Tesla SC can do?
no and yes.
the alignment is a mechanical process that is not unique to any Tesla model.
but. if the steering centering is off, there's the potential for electronic calibration or software calibration.
Tesla monitors wheel rotations to detect left-right discrepancy and tread depth.
So there's potential for an alignment to cause the software to malfunction or to report "implausible" conditions.
In a previous life I worked as an alignment tech, factory trained. I'm sure all the modern alignment equipment has the preset specs for all years of all Teslas. I'm not sure all dinky "wheels r us" shops will have equipment to deal with software.
My old clunker 2018 Model X has been aligned by me with strings in the driveway. I'm careful to keep the steering centered. So far, no idiot lights.
Newer models might be less tolerant of changes to the suspension setup (not that Tesla suspension has much to adjust, it's primitive.)
Maybe the tri-motor variants are more sensitive to setup changes, traction control, stability control, etc.