Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 rear tires bald already?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the 2023 a Performance Model Y? If not Performance Model Y what size wheels?

What brand tires came on the 2023 Model Y?

Is the rear tire wear even across the tread or only on the inner or outer edge of each tire? Uneven tire wear could be caused by improper camber.

Many times if you take the vehicle to an authorized distributor for the OE tires they can check with the tire manufacturer. The manufacturer may offer, as good will, a significant discount on a set of replacement tires.

Last edited:
Is the 2023 a Performance Model Y? If not Performance Model Y what size wheels?

What brand tires came on the 2023 Model Y?

Is the rear tire wear even across the tread or only on the inner or outer edge of each tire? Uneven tire wear could be caused by improper camber.

Many times if you take the vehicle to an authorized distributor for the OE tires they can check with the tire manufacturer. The manufacturer may offer, as good will, a significant discount on a set of replacement tires.
MY long range and 20 inch induction wheels. Even wear across the thread

Sorry, wife has a 2023 MY Long Range with 8k miles. I took a closer look at it this morning and it looks like there is outer wear on the tire. Will Tesla cover a wheel alignment at this point?
No. No manufacturer will cover an alignment unless an issue is reported immediately after delivery.

Probably best to do some research here, and find a reputable suspension shop near you. Tesla ServiceCenters haven't been consistent in solving alignment issues.

Reactions: ColoradoFun
Guess it balanced out for you - really hit the Lotto with your 2020. I replaced mine at 16.5K
Which is probably a contributor to your driving behavior and speeds. You should be able to easily achieve ~25,000 miles on these tires, assuming the alignment is accurate and spec’d.

Heck, there’s models for sale on this very forum with the original tires at ~40,000 with major wear.

Bought the car in January and rear tires bald at 8k?

I have a 2020 MY still on stock tires with 53k miles. All 4 tires still good!
Are you saying your current tires have 53k miles on them? What is the tread depth? Google says (I assume EVs because of weight should not last as long, but I don't know)
Screenshot_20230904_163316_Chrome.jpg

Which is probably a contributor to your driving behavior and speeds. You should be able to easily achieve ~25,000 miles on these tires, assuming the alignment is accurate and spec’d.

Heck, there’s models for sale on this very forum with the original tires at ~40,000 with major wear.
I could have stretched the OEM 20’s to 20K but the Goodyears suck, Michelin PS AS4’s are much superior. If some get high mileage more power to them, not worth it to me.

Are you saying your current tires have 53k miles on them? What is the tread depth? Google says (I assume EVs because of weight should not last as long, but I don't know)View attachment 971061
No, I’m saying my wife’s 2023 Model Y Long Range with only 8k miles needs the rear tires replaced.

However, I also have a 2020 Model Y Long Range with 53k miles and all 4 tires are still good.

I just took the 2023 MY in for a wheel alignment and got new tires today.