Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 upgrade to a bigger rear screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$738 all-in. But the tech took my old screen – I was under the impression that I paid full over-the-counter price for the new part and I get to keep the old screen (with the intention of flipping it on the eBay later on). Anyhow, happy that I finally got the thin bezel. I did send a message to Tesla asking to clarify the logic behind taking away a part of my car -- will update you once I hear back from them.

Attachments

• MX change to thin bezel rear screen.jpg
    MX change to thin bezel rear screen.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 208
$738 all-in. But the tech took my old screen – I was under the impression that I paid full over-the-counter price for the new part and I get to keep the old screen (with the intention of flipping it on the eBay later on). Anyhow, happy that I finally got the thin bezel. I did send a message to Tesla asking to clarify the logic behind taking away a part of my car -- will update you once I hear back from them.
congrats. your the first person that i know of to sucesfully hve this done by tesla. And yes you should have been able to keep your old screen. Can you please share a picture of your service receipt. Also do you know the part number of the newer rear screen with the thinner bezel. i tried giving them part number 1673461-00-E but they said this is an old discontinued part number.

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs
congrats. your the first person that i know of to sucesfully hve this done by tesla. And yes you should have been able to keep your old screen. Can you please share a picture of your service receipt. Also do you know the part number of the newer rear screen with the thinner bezel. i tried giving them part number 1673461-00-E but they said this is an old discontinued part number.
They messaged me – I can keep the old screen, but only if I pay the $1,500 core charge. Thanks, but no, thanks.
Yes, I was also told that part # 1673461-00-E has been discontinued and they need some time to find a new part. However, as the tech was verifying the part #, he did confirm 1673461-00-E.

Attachments

• MX change to thin bezel rear screen service summary.jpeg
    MX change to thin bezel rear screen service summary.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 169
The kids don't get car sick when watching this screen. Probably because they don't move their heads around that much. But I wish it was two screens in the headrest. I wonder what's happening if I connect another screen to the same output. Don't need touch to work on both

Reactions: Kitt9000
What was your wait time from initial request in the app to completion?