Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.24.1 rolling out Active Noise Cancellation on Refresh Model S - how good is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can try submitting a service request for software and see if they can push it. But could be another couple of days until they get to it. Or head to a service center if you are out and about. People claim you can toggle "standard / advanced" ten times and get it - but that has never panned out.

But at least you can do "open butt hope" and your charge port opens?!

Nope, they removed that yesterday apparently (I wish I were kidding).

I’m just trying to figure out how this Tesla “time” works. Expected March LR order came in July. Expected June Plaid has been blank until the other day. Production issues, part shortages, resin shortages, paint shortages, I get it. Sure. Why is someone else driving the same car with a SOFTWARE update TWO releases over mine? Bandwidth shortages? I don’t understand 🤔.

I don’t care much for Disney+ but the lack of a functional dashcam viewer has been annoying the hell out of me. Get into the car that tells me I have 3 sentry mode events but I can’t view them until I get home and plug the USB drive into my computer. Apparently it works fine on 2021.24 and even has a dock button! But I can’t have it, 2 more weeks.

View attachment 695727
Tesla rolls out most updates to a small randomized group from the eligible audience (vehicle model/config, region, etc), to gather data they can compare against a randomized control group. It can take a little while for them to get the data they need. They also may find issues along the way and want to fix them before sending things out further. This is actually a very good thing and is how the best modern software development tends to be done.

In some cases they test a subset of new features/changes in a small test group, then roll them into a bigger update with more changes which goes out to everyone when it’s ready. It’s possible right now they’re testing out some pieces of “v11” but that most cars won’t get those things until all the “v11” stuff is ready. Hard to say though.

Isn’t that exactly what the “Advanced” toggle advertises to be? iOS has major releases and beta releases (dev and public groups). I feel as that system works a lot better because it allows the user to have control over what features their device might have or might sacrifice. Where here I’m stuck with a software that doesn’t even have a functional dashcam viewer and I can’t do a damn thing about it. They have full control over the software that’s on my rather expensive vehicle, and what features I get to miss out on while other people with the same vehicle get to use them.

Reactions: cytranic
Isn’t that exactly what the “Advanced” toggle advertises to be? iOS has major releases and beta releases (dev and public groups). I feel as that system works a lot better because it allows the user to have control over what features their device might have or might sacrifice. Where here I’m stuck with a software that doesn’t even have a functional dashcam viewer and I can’t do a damn thing about it. They have full control over the software that’s on my rather expensive vehicle, and what features I get to miss out on while other people with the same vehicle get to use them.
Hoenstly we only really see software releases when Elon is focused on Tesla. At the moment he's building starship and focued on SpaceX. In another week, or after starship launches we will see elons focus shift to Tesla, and software releases will become more prevelant.

Reactions: Ramphex