Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y LR. Do you think this can be repaired or totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving home and a deer ran out in the road. It caused me to lose control of the car and I ran into a small ditch. No airbags deployed and nobody was injured. I know the insurance adjuster/appraiser are the only ones who can tell me if it’s totaled or not but I would like your opinions. How much do you think the repair cost would be? Is this repairable or totaled? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8955.jpeg
    IMG_8955.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8954.jpeg
    IMG_8954.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8953.jpeg
    IMG_8953.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8937.jpeg
    IMG_8937.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8934.jpeg
    IMG_8934.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8936.jpeg
    IMG_8936.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8935.jpeg
    IMG_8935.jpeg
    842.9 KB · Views: 20
Did you hit the deer? If not then driving into a ditch is your fault and your insurance cost will go up. I am not sure if you can use the deer as an excuse for driving into a ditch unless you have some dash cam footage to prove that. You would have been better off hitting that deer.

Did you hit the deer? If not then driving into a ditch is your fault and your insurance cost will go up. I am not sure if you can use the deer as an excuse for driving into a ditch unless you have some dash cam footage to prove that. You would have been better off hitting that deer.

Hmm so hitting the deer intentionally is nature's fault and avoiding the deer is your fault? Are you sure about this?

Can you prove you drove into a ditch while avoiding a deer and not by dozing off? Good luck convincing the insurance company. Hitting a deer intentionally? I never said that. Its the stuff you manufactured.

You're right. You may have intentionally done something and it would still be your fault. To prove you were trying to avoid a deer, you could use a dashcam video.