Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 steering wheel retrofit option with center horn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curiously there's a new part number showing up in the EPC for the steering wheel

1711573373997.png

Listed as over the counter instead or restricted, and interestingly doesn't have the footnote about the airbag (though that might be an oversight).

Anyone more familiar with Tesla's part number scheme? What would -S0 instead of -00 imply?

Going to pick my MSP up from service for other reasons and I inquired about a full round steering wheel with the mechanical horn.

I was told that service checked with parts and it isn't available (yet).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_162751_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_162751_Tesla.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 18
So I tried ordering the S0 part since it was listed as over the counter, but they told me my VIN isn't eligible and that I'd have to purchase the wheel and airbag through them. Then the quote they gave me was with the old part numbers (i.e the standard wheel that's already in my car).

I do see there are some new mechanical horn yokes pretty cheap on ebay right now. Hoping the wheels pop up soon as well.

If anyone with a 2024 car has some time, do you think you could try putting in a request to see if they'd sell you that 1965073-S0-A part number over the counter?

Last edited:
I have an appointment set up to swap the non functioning horn wheel for the new one…

They want $1,000 for the wheel, and $1,000 for the mechanical horn airbag. With .18 hour labor, the total is $2,237…

Nope.

Attachments​

• IMG_1606.png
    IMG_1606.png
    354.2 KB · Views: 1
I was able to get a new yoke with the physical horn replaced for free. I guess it is up to the SC.
When I requested the service, I just said I wanted the new yoke with a physical horn because touch-horn is a safety hazard. The service was approved, and the item for the work is under "Steering Wheel Peeling Issue."
It was a mobile service, and it took the tech 20 minutes to replace it. 18 hrs labor is total BS.
Maybe trying different SCs could work.

I was able to get a new yoke with the physical horn replaced for free. I guess it is up to the SC.
When I requested the service, I just said I wanted the new yoke with a physical horn because touch-horn is a safety hazard. The service was approved, and the item for the work is under "Steering Wheel Peeling Issue."
It was a mobile service, and it took the tech 20 minutes to replace it. 18 hrs labor is total BS.
Says 0.18 hours, not 18 hours 🤣

Reactions: MP3Mike
Did you have a Yoke or a steering wheel? If your Yoke was peeling you can surely get a replacement for free anyway.