Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Tesla Model3 Long-Range sound system measurement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I have done a quick round of a frequency response measurement on the sound system on 2024 Tesla Model3 Long-Range and wanted to share them with you.

The measurement I've done with a UMIK-1 calibrated microphone, I've placed it on driver seats towards the left side and right side of the headrest, performed two measurements ande averaged the results.
IMG_3729.jpeg
I have done the same measurement with Immersive sound OFF, Standard and High and default EQ (all on zero, as it comes from the factory).
2024 Model3 LR Immersive Off.png2024 Model3 LR Immersive STD.png2024 Model3 LR Immersive High.png
As we can see, to me it feels pretty bass heavy and I was curious to see how it would look like if I cutoff SUB & BASS.
IMG_3730.jpeg
Result is a more linear response which means one could adjust that low end for their preference.
2024 Model3 LR Immersive STD with and without BASS.png
Since I've measured my prior cars as well, here's a comparison with 3-Series (G20) with Harman Kardon sound system with default settings).
The noticeable difference is that the bass on the Tesla falls off abruptly under 40Hz while on the 3-Series it extends towards 20Hz area.
M3 LR Immer Std vs BMW Logic7 Default EQ.png

Nice, thanks for sharing. Good news is that the bass can be tamed and the rest of the FR is decent. Depending on preferred listening volume most will want some rising bass (although not necessarily 20+db). Unless you're watching a lot of movies in your car the low end extension isn't a big deal for music only. Low distortion would be more important.