Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21,000 miles on my 3 LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like a slacker compared to some of you!
21,800mi in 10 months. ~12k highway & 10k local/commute. 257wh; I ride w uncovered aeros and the goal is 80mph on the highway.
RWD LR, rotated the tires once around 8k when it was at the SC for something else.
I have two items that need attention (missing the magnet on the charger door, and my signature lights are BOTH out) but am just going to wait on those in hopes that Tesla has better and better solutions for them prior to my warranty expiring at 50k in late 2020.

It may be that I have short drives most of the time. 5.5 mile commute each way. 12 minutes, probably average 30mph
If you're averaging 30mph you should be getting really good efficiency unless you are accelerating hard. I average 200wh/mi for my daily work commute and I only drive about 5 miles a day for work. I do accelerate like an old lady though. lol

Reactions: suwaneedad
Glad to read this thread. Sitting at 18K since May 2018. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one racking up miles! Car has been fantastic. Lifetime, according to the trip computer, is 227 Wh/mi on LR 18" wheels without the covers. Tires still going strong, rotated once so far. Miles are too easy when this vehicle is always chosen first from the stable of 4 cars!
PSA for today: Do not underestimate the importance of tire rotation on the LR!

Glad to read this thread. Sitting at 18K since May 2018. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one racking up miles! Car has been fantastic. Lifetime, according to the trip computer, is 227 Wh/mi on LR 18" wheels without the covers. Tires still going strong, rotated once so far. Miles are too easy when this vehicle is always chosen first from the stable of 4 cars!
PSA for today: Do not underestimate the importance of tire rotation on the LR!
While I hear you on the rotation thing for RWDs, I'm just not seeing (yet) any difference in wear between my fronts and rears. I rotated once at 6 or 8k, have 22k now, and the remaining tread depth is identical from front to rear.

No point to rotate if the treads are the same. You can skip every other 6k miles.
Yeah I'm not seeing any reason for me to rotate. Only reason I did so at 6-8k was I was in already for some warranty work so seemed like a no-brainer for $40 or whatever it was. Experience since says no need to do so anymore. Eager to see how many miles til the wear bars...I was projecting 30k a while back but now seems like I'll get more than that.

Maybe I drive aggressively but by 10K the rears were visibly worn more
Fascinating. Driving habits could be ~compared by comparing lifetime efficiency?? (I'm at 257)
On second thought, that won't be apples/apples since one of us could have done all local driving and blown it off the line, pushing the average up to 257, while one of us could have done 100% highway driving and also be at 257.