Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 MS LR - Sharp Edges on the exterior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did my first wash of the car and as i was drying my 1 week old model s, noticed that my drying towels were getting caught on the side cameras and on the actual tesla emblems. Made me wonder if anybody had put their car through a soft touch car wash and had any issues. I was surprised but wondered if anybody ever damaged the cameras and other exterior parts as it just seems so unpolished.

i noticed this as well when i was drying the car off... the towel got caught on the side fender camera.... luckily i didn't yank too hard!
Oh, that's the word I couldn't remember from the error message I got the other day, something about "obstructed left lower front camera" as I poorly recalled it, but it was probably front fender camera. (This was all before I was educated about the diagnostic history selection in the menu, and by the time I looked it was gone.).

Anyway, glad I only ever use touchless car washes.

Just did my first wash of the car and as i was drying my 1 week old model s, noticed that my drying towels were getting caught on the side cameras and on the actual tesla emblems. Made me wonder if anybody had put their car through a soft touch car wash and had any issues. I was surprised but wondered if anybody ever damaged the cameras and other exterior parts as it just seems so unpolished.
Yep. Went to Tommy's Express and the sharp point of the right repeater camera got damaged a little. They look easy to replace and I'm trying to find one on eBay in good shape.