Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'21 MSLR "Steering Assist Reduced" Alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a '21 MSLR with 6800 miles. Today I go to get into the car and at first I get an alert "parking assist unavailable". That seemed to
go away but then another came on the console right after: "Steering assist reduced - steering may require increased effort".

Interesting thing in that the steering seems normal still.

I've restarted the car and the error didn't clear. Let is also be known that the car has been randomly rebooting when I get into drive
it lately as well. Sent this info to Telsa waiting to hear back.

Anyone else ever get this error??

Happened to me on my 2022 Model S LR. Picked the car up last week. Only 200 miles on it and I got the error this morning. I believe it occurred after backing into a space when I had to cut the wheel to its limit. Must of set something off. At the SC now and they’re looking at it. Shows up as error UI_a20 steering assist reduced on the touchscreen under Alerts (the bell at the top).

They determined that my car warrants a complete steering rack replacement. The job itself only takes 4 hours, with 2 hours of follow-up testing, but the problem is that this part is currently on back-order. Car's been in since mid-August, and awaiting the part from the DC in Fremont...