Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 performance cold weather improvements.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, some great news regarding the the 21 performance cars in cold weather. If anyone had picked up an early refresh last winter, you know how bad the power nerfing was when below 80% soc. I absolutely hated the car and the way it performed last winter. Of course this summer, it was fine throughout the soc. I know we had a few "cold weather improvements" but the description was vague so wasn't sure if it had been addressed. Anyways, Bjorn was able to do some testing and verify. The issue has been addressed and were now able to see a very linear power delivery throughout the soc in cold weather. Great vid with Bjorn explaining it.

This post and Bjorns updated video should be shared more broadly

It’s great he highlighted this issue last winter but given the changes during spring firmware and likely more recent cold weather improvement with no real way to test the firmware changes, I’m glad it’s resolved so the 2021P is indeed faster than any LR and previous P models

Problem with all the outdated YouTube videos is they always run comparison without same tires or tire size or SOC or same firmware and then you get LR owners and past year P owners thinking the latest 2021 is a dud

Reactions: RefreshedP
Anyone else notice a change in the throttle response on the Model 3 Performance in Sport Mode? I've always liked the throttle response in Sport Mode as it wasn't overly aggressive. However, with update 36.5.1, the initial tip-in feels much more aggressive. Not a fan. There's also no 'Normal' mode. So we're either dealing with this super aggressive throttle, or the ridiculously wimpy "chill mode".
Tesla, how about just having a 1-10 setting for the throttle response? Then we can dial-it-in to exactly how we like it?

Anyone else notice a change in the throttle response on the Model 3 Performance in Sport Mode? I've always liked the throttle response in Sport Mode as it wasn't overly aggressive. However, with update 36.5.1, the initial tip-in feels much more aggressive. Not a fan. There's also no 'Normal' mode. So we're either dealing with this super aggressive throttle, or the ridiculously wimpy "chill mode".
Tesla, how about just having a 1-10 setting for the throttle response? Then we can dial-it-in to exactly how we like it?
Im on. 40 software. I didn't get. 35, so can't comment. But. 40 doesn't seem to be any different than the previous software I was on.

Glad to see this fixed - now some of the most consistent performance from an EV in the cold it seems. Fantastic.
It seems I can drive mine down to around 40% before it starts to slowly slow down.
Yup. I've been purposely not charging some nights just to drive the car at a lower soc and test out the throttle response. Definite night and day improvement over last year's software.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2 and EVer
This post and Bjorns updated video should be shared more broadly

It’s great he highlighted this issue last winter but given the changes during spring firmware and likely more recent cold weather improvement with no real way to test the firmware changes, I’m glad it’s resolved so the 2021P is indeed faster than any LR and previous P models

Problem with all the outdated YouTube videos is they always run comparison without same tires or tire size or SOC or same firmware and then you get LR owners and past year P owners thinking the latest 2021 is a
I wonder how the 22M3P holds up in winter conditions?