TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

21" Wheels & Tires on late 2016 build 90D

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by NOLA_Mike, Jan 23, 2017.

1. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

For anyone wondering or interested, my 12/2016 build Model S 90D which I ordered with grey 21" wheels came with the staggered setup.

Continental ContiSportContactSP Conti-Silent

245/35ZR21 in front
    265/35ZR21 in rear

Exactly the same sizes as was on my P85D. I'm a bit surprised as I thought only the Performance Models came with the staggered setup (and even then it seemed like that was a "whatever we have in stock" lottery).

Mike

• Like x 2
  2. ultima

ultima Member

My 90D from late August has the same setup...

• Informative x 1
  3. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I just checked my day-old 60D and have the same setup as well. Would this mean the wheel sizes are staggered as well, or just the tire sizes?

4. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Additionally, I think whoever authored the Wheel & Tire section of the Owner's Manual was high as a kite. According to their chart, you can only get silver front wheels and grey rear wheels on "standard" cars.

But I think what this is saying is that my new 60D must have staggered tires but not staggered wheels? This of course wouldn't make any sense, since the CONTISPORTCONTACT 5P tires in 265/35R21 are only approved on 9.0" and wider wheels. Hmm...

Screenshot at Apr 15 00-32-54.png

5. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Just did a quick and dirty measurement with a tape measure, and my rear wheels are definitely wider than the front wheels. So it appears my 60D came with staggered tires and wheels.

6. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Staggered is the new square.