Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22" Rims and Pirreli Scorpion Zero AS Sell or just Keep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made the decision to change my 22" Factory Rims and Pirelli Scorpion Tires, just purchased in 2022 with 3/4 tread left, don't drive on them much. Decided to put 20" on with same Pirelli Scorpion Tires.

My question is not about this decision specifically, as I wanted the extra Tow Capability for a >4K lb Boat every so often.

My questions are:

1. Is there a market REALLY to sell the 22" Turbine Wheels with the good set of tires on them?

Or
2. Is it better to just keep them because hard to sell, not worth much, reuse, etc....?

Tough Decision as I liked the look of the 22's but needed some extra range and TOWING.

Already purchased 20" Wheels and Tires, so not looking to trade.

I made the decision to change my 22" Factory Rims and Pirelli Scorpion Tires, just purchased in 2022 with 3/4 tread left, don't drive on them much. Decided to put 20" on with same Pirelli Scorpion Tires.

My question is not about this decision specifically, as I wanted the extra Tow Capability for a >4K lb Boat every so often.

My questions are:

1. Is there a market REALLY to sell the 22" Turbine Wheels with the good set of tires on them?

Or
2. Is it better to just keep them because hard to sell, not worth much, reuse, etc....?

Tough Decision as I liked the look of the 22's but needed some extra range and TOWING.

Yes there is a market for 22 inch wheels. Don't post them here, instead go to the marketplace section of this board and list them there. Be sure to advise where they are located. Most tire sets are local pickup only.

Thanks for the reply, yes I can post them in marketplace here, big market, South Florida. That said, the question was more is it a high enough value or should you just keep them with the car.
Asked and answered. Just include your location so the buyer knows precisely where you are. I sold a set with around 6,000 miles on them for $2,500. Buyer drove 120 miles, one way and paid me in cash (which was a pain, cash is very inconvenient). There is virtually no value keeping extra wheels with the car.

My questions are:

Or

Curious how much you paid for your 20s and how the ride is compared to the 22s. I currently have 22s and considering swapping to 20s.

Asked and answered. Just include your location so the buyer knows precisely where you are. I sold a set with around 6,000 miles on them for $2,500. Buyer drove 120 miles, one way and paid me in cash (which was a pain, cash is very inconvenient). There is virtually no value keeping extra wheels with the car.
Thanks for information, brand new with only 6k, cool. Did you like making that change to the smaller wheels.

Curious how much you paid for your 20sI and how the ride is compared to the 22s. I currently have 22s and considering swapping to 20s.
I will update you on the ride. As to payment, I went with the same Pirelli Scorpion Zero's that I have on my car, Tax Tire Change was around $2,800. But remember I bought all new tires because it had Continental OEM's that were worthless.
Tires.jpg

My questions are:

Or

I sent you a private message. Are these the refreshed 22” wheels ?
IMG_0160.png

Curious how much you paid for your 20s and how the ride is compared to the 22s. I currently have 22s and considering swapping to 20s.
Not sure how much he paid. I got extremely lucky and picked up a set of 20s with the winter scorpions for 1k after stalking FB marketplace for a week. Getting ready for a winter storm in NY I’ll update this post after I’ve had them mounted and this storm passes.