Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 Months of Model 3 - How is Reliability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are examples of drive unit failures posted here, but not a lot. (My neighbor had his fail on his 3).

My 2017 car has had two charge port door failures, and a very smelly AC that seems to be non-fixable despite multiple cabin filter changes, HVAC cleanings, etc. I have mobile service coming out next week for a brake cleaning service since my brakes are squeaky at low speeds, and I haven’t been able to correct it myself. Overall, my 3 has been much more reliable than our S.
I used distilled white vinegar and Star San to clean my condenser. After cleaning I let the fan run about an hour and the odor faded fairly quickly. It took about a week for the vinegar odor to completely go away but no more mildew smell even after two months of running the A/C. I got the idea from reading about cleaning home AC condensers.

After 17k and 18 months I have a rattle in the door which I have located and remediated. The magnet fell out of the charge port door which I glued back in. Nothing else besides that.

I used distilled white vinegar and Star San to clean my condenser. After cleaning I let the fan run about an hour and the odor faded fairly quickly. It took about a week for the vinegar odor to completely go away but no more mildew smell even after two months of running the A/C. I got the idea from reading about cleaning home AC condensers.

My AC already smells like vinegar (that is the symptom) so I am not sure I would want to add to that effect. Good info tho for others.

Reactions: devilmountain
My September 2018 P3D+ was in a major accident five days after I took delivery on Sept 5. Despite major damage and out of service for four months, it had zero alignment problem, although two tires and wheels were destroyed. During the succeeding year precisely zero problems of any kind.

Somehow I still cannot quite believe that, but it is true!