Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

255/50r19 quatrac pro on Gemeni w pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind that even if some YouTubers say it's fine, our wheels are 2 sizes (1") too wide according to the tire specs. I'd use caution basing safety decisions on a YouTuber (or someone like me posting on a forum for that matter). At some point, being out of spec is an issue. How much? Hard to say.

I'd be concerned if they are fine under a high lateral load and hitting a pothole.

View attachment 930239
Thanks for your detailed response brother I appreciate it

My tyre shop refused to put the 255/50/19 winter tyres on today, stating that it would completely 'ruin my car' and citing safety issues due to the 3,6% increased circumference compared to the standard 255/45/19

What is the experience from others, any issues with the bigger tyres? No interference with control arms or fender? Other issues?

I also have an update. On the same setup, Quatrack Pros are at between 4/32 and 5/32 depending on the tires at 25000 Miles. The thread wear is the best I had on any of the 4 Teslas I had before including OEM MY Contis. I probably have another 2-3 K Miles left on them before the wet season starts in SF Bay Area. Has anyone tried Nokian WR G4 SUV on the Model Y? Tirerack pricing is not making the Quatrack Pros a value tire anymore thus will try something else. We have used WR G4 on Lexus sedan year around in Chicago and it performed great. Still going to go with 255/50/19 size. Oh, and I do have MPP Lift now.
DId you end up trying the WR G4 yet on 255/55/19? I just got a 1.75" lift and think this will be great combo. What do you think?