Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

255/50r19 quatrac pro on Gemeni w pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have an update. On the same setup, Quatrack Pros are at between 4/32 and 5/32 depending on the tires at 25000 Miles. The thread wear is the best I had on any of the 4 Teslas I had before including OEM MY Contis. I probably have another 2-3 K Miles left on them before the wet season starts in SF Bay Area. Has anyone tried Nokian WR G4 SUV on the Model Y? Tirerack pricing is not making the Quatrack Pros a value tire anymore thus will try something else. We have used WR G4 on Lexus sedan year around in Chicago and it performed great. Still going to go with 255/50/19 size. Oh, and I do have MPP Lift now.

Reactions: DrGriz
Here are some updates:
Currently have 14k miles on these tires and have 8/32" tread left. They are wearing very well.

They use about 7% more energy. My best data is summer 2020: 244 Wh/mi to summer 2022: 261 Wh/mi (6.4% more). The OEM were 4k newer, so 7% is closer to normal. My OEM tires were 3.2% more efficient compared to the same season the year before due to less tread.

My Quatrac energy measurements account for the 28/29 odometer correction for the taller tires.

Keep in mind that comparing the energy difference of new Quatrac Pros to worn OEM tires will look bad. My first season (winter 2022) on the Quatrac Pros was 11.3% worse than my 8k worn OEM (282 vs 250).

Bottom line: they last longer, are quieter, more comfortable, not as good for steering response, use 7% more energy, and are way better in the rain and snow.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy and DrGriz
Here are some updates:
Currently have 14k miles on these tires and have 8/32" tread left. They are wearing very well.

They use about 7% more energy. My best data is summer 2020: 244 Wh/mi to summer 2022: 261 Wh/mi (6.4% more). The OEM were 4k newer, so 7% is closer to normal. My OEM tires were 3.2% more efficient compared to the same season the year before due to less tread.

My Quatrac energy measurements account for the 28/29 odometer correction for the taller tires.

Keep in mind that comparing the energy difference of new Quatrac Pros to worn OEM tires will look bad. My first season (winter 2022) on the Quatrac Pros was 11.3% worse than my 8k worn OEM (282 vs 250).

Bottom line: they last longer, are quieter, more comfortable, not as good for steering response, use 7% more energy, and are way better in the rain and snow.
Thank you for the detailed update. Definitely on my radar.

Keep in mind that my odometer and speedometer now reads 3.5% less.

One more thing of note, the taller tires mean less acceleration while the performance is torque limited (somewhere around 50 MPH). My boosted 0-60 went from ~4.2 to ~4.4.
How do you know when you hit 60, with a speedometer 3.5% off?

Or are you actually traveling 0-60*1.035 in 4.4 sec? That would mean 0-real 60 in about 4.24 sec, so your car hasn't gotten slower, right?

I've had mine for just over a year.
18,304 miles
Tread: 7-7.5/32"
Still quiet, still good in the rain and snow, still comfortable, still using ~8-10% more energy than OEM, still recommended by me.

20230120_155457.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy and JonB65
I agree these tires are far better in every aspect except for efficiency obviously since they are heavier and bigger. On the MY it gives a nice aggressive look and fills the wheel well better. I haven’t had a chance to go to the snow yet but on very wet surface it was very grippy. I was trying to make it slip but I couldn’t. Size i went with is 235/55r19.
235 55 19 is okay for stock Gemini wheels bro? I want cheaper tires lol

I have 255/50r19 Quatrac Pros and they are technically too narrow for the 9.5" Gemeni wheels. I wouldn't go narrower.

BTW, I find it odd that the 255/45 says 9.5" is OK, bit 255/50 says 9" max.

I have 255/50r19 Quatrac Pros and they are technically too narrow for the 9.5" Gemeni wheels. I wouldn't go narrower.

BTW, I find it odd that the 255/45 says 9.5" is OK, bit 255/50 says 9" max.
For whatever reason, the calculation for how wide of a tire you can fit on a wheel changes with 45 and lower and 50 and higher.
Higher profile tires go on narrower wheels of the same width.

Keep in mind that even if some YouTubers say it's fine, our wheels are 2 sizes (1") too wide according to the tire specs. I'd use caution basing safety decisions on a YouTuber (or someone like me posting on a forum for that matter). At some point, being out of spec is an issue. How much? Hard to say.

I'd be concerned if they are fine under a high lateral load and hitting a pothole.

Screenshot_20230420_120236_Chrome.png

Reactions: Kelr316