Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

255/55R19 Alpin 4 doesn’t fit Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
I’ve been researching winter tires for my Model Y that I’m picking up on Monday.

Michelin Alpin 4 seems like the best option for where I will drive in the winter time, however, Discount Tire, who has the tire in 255/55R19 indicates it does not fit LR MY. Does anyone know why? Is it due to load rating? It is the same size as the Sottozero 3 Pirelli that Tesla offers as part of their winter package.

I’ve been researching winter tires for my Model Y that I’m picking up on Monday.

Michelin Alpin 4 seems like the best option for where I will drive in the winter time, however, Discount Tire, who has the tire in 255/55R19 indicates it does not fit LR MY. Does anyone know why? Is it due to load rating? It is the same size as the Sottozero 3 Pirelli that Tesla offers as part of their winter package.
Tesla's Pirelli winter package (and the Michelin one) are 255/45R19. Not "55".
That is the stock Gemini size.
Pilot Alpin 4 come in the 255/45/19 size so look for those and they should be good to go. I'm in Canada and usually use Costco or Kaltire and both list the 255/45/19 size for Model Y.

I just ordered a set of X-Ice and had considered the Alpin4 as a less hardcore snow option (since I get like 2 weeks of snow at most) but they weren't in stock anywhere in Canada. I also considered the Nokian Hakka 5 as I've always bought Nokian. But the X-ice is better in the wet and a lot of my winter is in the wet, not the snow or ice. CrossClimate2s are also a great option especially if you want to run a single tire all year round.

Last edited: