Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

265 45 21 Tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my question.

I am going to get a set of Winter tires and rims for my Model X. I currently have the stock 22" on it and notice that the front tire space is VERY limited with the tower/suspension part over the tire. Don't waste your time with comparing size difference between the stock 22" tires and what I am thinking of going with 265 45 R21 etc, I have done that math over and over.
I am interested if anyone has tried or are running this size in the front of the X. From my calculations it's going to be VERY close, too close to call without fitting them. The rim size with be 21X9 or 9.5 still undecided if I need to go with 9.5 to stretch the tire a little to help.

I know it's a long shot but hoping someone tried this size and has an answer before I order the setup.

Here is my question.

I am going to get a set of Winter tires and rims for my Model X. I currently have the stock 22" on it and notice that the front tire space is VERY limited with the tower/suspension part over the tire. Don't waste your time with comparing size difference between the stock 22" tires and what I am thinking of going with 265 45 R21 etc, I have done that math over and over.
I am interested if anyone has tried or are running this size in the front of the X. From my calculations it's going to be VERY close, too close to call without fitting them. The rim size with be 21X9 or 9.5 still undecided if I need to go with 9.5 to stretch the tire a little to help.

I know it's a long shot but hoping someone tried this size and has an answer before I order the setup.
My first thought is why?

Why not just go with a tried-and-true 19" winter tire as recommended by Tesla and Tire Rack? You'll have a smaller contact patch with more pounds/square inch on the road, all the better for squeezing out slush and rain and compacting snow. What you don't want in winter is a fat flotation tire!

@FarmerDave,

I agree 100% with what you are saying about winter tires. I first bought an S because no one had one, then outfitted it with 20's etc to make it different than the crowd. Now I see S's left and right so went with an X since they are still rare here. I do have the 22's and just don't like the look of the 19's and 20's on the X I feel they look out of proportion. So that is why I want to go with a 21 and also not a rim that all other X's have. So in short to be different and not be just another sheep in the herd, I enjoy indivduality. I know I was taking a long shot to see if anyone else has tried this size so fingers still crossed.

That said I do not get lots of snow where I am and just want to be extra safe when we do get snow.