Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

275/45r20 Model Y Performance? Will it fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
long story short I have a set of 20x10 w 275/45r20’s being shipped. I’ve searched long and hard to find this scenario with no results. Anyone running this setup? Square setup w 38 offset. If not, I’ll report back. Thanks Todd

Thanks. Ended up going w what I should have from the get go…. 275/40/20. Love the drivability but plan on tightening up the suspension a bit as well as losing some of the remaining wheel gap.
87524715-17FF-4FB7-89D3-92CE2C1919FE.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hi, I just managed to fit a set of Michelins PS4 SUV's on my Rwd Model Y, I have a Mountain Pass Lift Kit installed and running on Zero G's 20x9" wheels. Net offset at front is ET+37 and at rear ET+30. Haven't noticed any change on range, just a few miles per hour off on the speed.

Reactions: Sixth
Upvote 0
I ended up putting 20 inch model three performance Uberturbine wheels on the car….. and just putting the normal 20 inch wheels from a standard model Y on the car.

it handles really well… And it deals with the bumps in the road a lot better.
My model y performance is too stiff in handling the road bumps. I was exploring the 20inch uber turbine wheels and saw your post. Few questions if you dont mind.
1. Are you able to share few comlaring the look?
2. With 20inch rims, do you put different tires in front snd back? Or same ? Meaning will you be able to rotate them?
3. How smooth the ride became after this? Is it still bumpy?

Upvote 0
1) i’ll get you a picture but basically it looks just like the 21s except they’re smaller.

2) no, I decided to keep the same size tires on all four wheels. I did this for several reasons: first, the tires can now be rotated. Second, the M3P wheels are .5 inches narrower, so it seems like a good idea not to play with trying to put larger tires on the rear.

3) The ride quality is a day and night difference. Granted, I put the OEM 20in tires on the car… but they seem to ride pretty nicely, even if they are not the best tires on the planet. (I did get 30 miles more range out of the car though.)

Upvote 0
I don’t regret going 20x275 all the way around nearly 6 months ago. I admit the car seems to have lost just a little bit of that 0-60 time, but sub 4 sec works just fine. Like GBmaryland mentioned having the ability to rotate was the major factor in my decision. The stance is also perfect IMO w that 38 offset. My hope is to add coil overs to help w the little bit of lost handling I also feel may be compromised w that 40 series tire over a 35. Once dropped an inch or so I do think we’ll have the perfect stance/gap as far as width goes. The drivability fits perfect w how our entire family uses the car (hoping the 275 on the 10” rim will help w rash too…… like I said our entire family enjoys the car IE my wife drives it A LOT and has been known to rash wheels in the past).

Upvote 0