TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2nd and 3rd row speakers dead after 3 weeks :(

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ebfio, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ebfio

ebfio X 100D

hi all,

I took delivery of my Model X 3 weeks ago. I’ve been loving the car and so far, no issues (phew!). Paint looks great, no problems with doors or shudder... for now. The only issue was solved by the SC in 40 minutes: some exposed wiring along the glass roof of the left FWD. Life is good.

Today while taking my daughter to school, we were listening to some music and chatting - volume was at 3. Suddenly a “scratchy” sound and the back speakers went dead. Using the panning option of the music app, I sent the sound to the back of the car and nothing.

I’m disappointed. Taking the X in for the second SC visit in 3 weeks :(

Anyone went through this?

Thanks!

2. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

No, but I know from my experience at the SC that they do support the warranty for such items.

3. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Why would anyone think this wasn't a warranty item? Of course they will fix it without charge! Probably just a loose connector somewhere and I think a relatively common issue i.e. dead speakers in the car.

• Like x 1