Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 for 3 service damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my 3 back after this this time successfully fixing a suspension issue. All sounds good so far - which is the good news.
The not so good news - now we have to have the steering wheel replaced after what looks to be the securing brace for the wheel aligner has cut into the 'leather' on the power part of the steering wheel.
This make s it 3 times in the last 3 service appointments that we have one issue resolved and then had the car come back with other damage. (previously - everything from panel damage to greasy hand marks left on the interior.)

Please tell me that this is only happening to me. I dread having to take the car in for anything now at the service centers.

Just got my 3 back after this this time successfully fixing a suspension issue. All sounds good so far - which is the good news.
The not so good news - now we have to have the steering wheel replaced after what looks to be the securing brace for the wheel aligner has cut into the 'leather' on the power part of the steering wheel.
This make s it 3 times in the last 3 service appointments that we have one issue resolved and then had the car come back with other damage. (previously - everything from panel damage to greasy hand marks left on the interior.)

Please tell me that this is only happening to me. I dread having to take the car in for anything now at the service centers.

If someone other than an Elon groupie gave you the answer to that question, it would be exactly what your gut tells you!

Happens to me EVERY time I bring in my car for service. At the moment I have scratches galore where paint was 'fixed', dents and scratches on my center console from a re-install of a dash issue, and a slight dent (but obvious to me!) in the drivers rear door...

At this point I'm going to fix some myself and ignore most of the scratches. Can't stand their lack of quality control.

Yeah exact reason why I decided I could live with the not perfect headlight alignment/flushness. I got a relatively perfect car and didn't want to see paint scratches around the headlight.

I did have service look at my charge port release cable. He ended up breaking the tab on the orange cover for the charge system. Hidden beneath the felt but probably will loosen up and cause noise. Getting that crap replaced on my follow up.

You're not the only one. Unfortunately, I've had multiple experiences where my local SC addresses one issue but creates a brand new one.

I'm on visit #4 to fix what was initially a sticky door handle on my S. Each time I bring it in, another issue emerges.

That's unfortunate. The steering wheel holder for alignments is normally rubber wrapped so it doesn't damage the steering wheel. Your experience is one that is not uncommon at any car dealership or shop.

Well, that makes freakin’ sense now!

My steering wheel was scratched when I first had the car in for alignment, and I’ve been trying to figure out how that would have been scratched.