Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 LR/Performance vs. model S P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering swapping my model S P85+ ou to a model 3. but I cannot decide if I "need to" go for the LR or the performance.

Does anyone have any comparisons between the performance of a LR vs. a P85+ ? Not so much the 0-100kmh - but more the 50kmh to 100 kmh, or the 80kmh to 120kmh.

Will the 3 keep up with the S ? I suppose the 3 performance will smoke the P85+ in all categories..

• Informative
Reactions: TB205gti and P85_DA
Considering swapping my model S P85+ ou to a model 3. but I cannot decide if I "need to" go for the LR or the performance.

Does anyone have any comparisons between the performance of a LR vs. a P85+ ? Not so much the 0-100kmh - but more the 50kmh to 100 kmh, or the 80kmh to 120kmh.

Will the 3 keep up with the S ? I suppose the 3 performance will smoke the P85+ in all categories..

You only go around once in life. The model 3 Performance is a grin machine. More grins per mile than any car I've ever driven. That includes Porsches, BMWs, even an odd Ferrari

You only go around once in life. The model 3 Performance is a grin machine. More grins per mile than any car I've ever driven. That includes Porsches, BMWs, even an odd Ferrari

Agreed. Coming from an C7 Corvette Grand Sport. It does not feel quite as buttoned down as a car with a track suspension but if you enjoy loads of instant torque this car will keep you smiling. Just point and squirt ahead with authority. :D

Agreed. Coming from an C7 Corvette Grand Sport. It does not feel quite as buttoned down as a car with a track suspension but if you enjoy loads of instant torque this car will keep you smiling. Just point and squirt ahead with authority. :D

With the MPP sport coilovers it feels pretty buttoned down and really tight. Especially if I crank up the shocks a bit. And yes the point and squirt aspect of the car is just totally addicting. Even my wife loves that:p:p

Reactions: raptor5244
Seems like the LR-AWD with performance acceleration (what are we calling this new option?) is the perfect choice rather than the full P3. If I were looking at buying a LR-AWD, going with the performance acceleration would be a no brainer as it's only a $2K upgrade on a $47K car.

And yes the point and squirt aspect of the car is just totally addicting. Even my wife loves that:p:p
My wife loves that about my P3, too. She doesn't max it out like I do but she likes the ability to get out of a situation in a hurry if necessary (e.g. pulling out into traffic, passing, etc.). The effortless/instant acceleration is really amazing.

Tesla has the potential to flatten the industry ... but they have their own "blindspots" like other carmakers. For example, my wife wouldn't buy one now because they lack the creature comforts she's used to and/or wants (she has an LS460). The S is closer than the 3 but it's too expensive. My P3 doesn't have actual door handles that stick out, ventilated seats, Apple CarPlay, XM radio, foot-operated trunk, rear cross-traffic alert, etc.

Seems like the LR-AWD with performance acceleration (what are we calling this new option?) is the perfect choice rather than the full P3. If I were looking at buying a LR-AWD, going with the performance acceleration would be a no brainer as it's only a $2K upgrade on a $47K car.

Yes, so much so that it seems like a poor business decision and they are leaving money on the table. If they put this configuration on the menu they would probably never sell another MP3+ since they don't put enough differentiation and compelling hardware into the M3P+. Mag ride suspension would do it.

My wife loves that about my P3, too. She doesn't max it out like I do but she likes the ability to get out of a situation in a hurry if necessary (e.g. pulling out into traffic, passing, etc.). The effortless/instant acceleration is really amazing.

Tesla has the potential to flatten the industry ... but they have their own "blindspots" like other carmakers. For example, my wife wouldn't buy one now because they lack the creature comforts she's used to and/or wants (she has an LS460). The S is closer than the 3 but it's too expensive. My P3 doesn't have actual door handles that stick out, ventilated seats, Apple CarPlay, XM radio, foot-operated trunk, rear cross-traffic alert, etc.

Agreed. While the simple Tesla Model 3 packaging and lack of options helps streamline production it creates a situation where their is not enough differentiation between the trims. For example, your last point on acceleration. Acceleration was the one big differentiator between the trims that folks would step up and pay for and now they are giving that away for the most part.

Acceleration was the one big differentiator between the trims that folks would step up and pay for and now they are giving that away for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Is that a bug or a feature?:D:D:D:D. The giveaway that is!

Last edited: