Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Phase Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another very good option is to use microinvertors such as enphase. The powerwall gateway has plenty of circuit breaker capacity for multiple batteries and multiple solar circuits
Thanks, had them in US for many years, worked well no doubt, but here in Spain they are not very popular, and honestly I don't want any power clippings...Will get the benefit of independently control each panel via the SolarEdge inverter coupled with their power optimizers...

Hi James, I'm hoping you can help....Looking to install a 10kw solar system with sunpower 500W panels and solaredge 3phase or one phase inverter, and Tesla PW. We are in the process of getting 3 phase approval but now I'm not sure what to think about that. We ahve bad voltage drops being at the end of the line, and thought going 3 phases was the only way to alleviate that issue. However I read that a robust solar system will also help a lot with the voltage drops and will significantly stabilize the power. Hence the question if I want a 3 phase anymore?
I have been reading a lot about using a Tesla PW2 with a 3 phase system.
Question: I understand that a PW2 can only provide backup to one phase, but will it keep the inverter online (charge from panels during the outage)?
Depending upon this, might need to stay with one phase or use other 3 phase batteries (byd etc).

Thank you!
Hello - 3 phase is great, but i believe if you have a 3 phase PV it won't charge from solar. My issue is my reader / installation. My electrical meter seems to go up, when full batteries and sun, making me thing issues with net metering??
still trying to resolve with Tesla

thank you

Depends how much your meter is going up?
Mine goes up around 1-1.5kwh per day on a day where the batteries have ample power and the sun is shining. (3 phase 3 batteries 30kw solar) Tesla in australia did some detailed analysis and found that my always on coffee machine was the cause, just for a brief second every time it needs to top-up boil.
Do you have an appliance that regularly turns on for short periods?
You have also posted in Australia
thank you - maybe subconsciously i want to be in Australia :)

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok
Hello - 3 phase is great, but i believe if you have a 3 phase PV it won't charge from solar. My issue is my reader / installation. My electrical meter seems to go up, when full batteries and sun, making me thing issues with net metering??
still trying to resolve with Tesla

thank you
Thanks, I have decided to go with single phase inverter and likely wait for PW3.
I dont quite understand your issue, could you please explain?