Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30 days and still no title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF, our temp tags expire tomorrow and still no title back from Nevada DMV, so upon checking withTesla we find out it is still sitting on someones desk in California. They promised to send it out ASAP and sent us a 15 day Nevada vehicle movement permit, that clearly states is valid for moving the car out of state.
Hope we do not get to find out how law enforcement views this “movement permit” as an extension to our temp tags.
I am wondering just how long it would have taken had we not called to check the status.

I transferred tags from an older vechicle and had been checking on my states DMV account page daily. Tags were not transferred until the day my temporary tags expired. Also still no title I'm on day 36.

Most neighboring States are well aware of California's DMV delays.

Permit should keep you out of trouble.

Would be unusual for your local Police to issue a ticket for this.

You might even put a little note under the temporary sticker that you are still waiting for Title and tags.

I feel Tesla is pretty disorganized on this front and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I was a few weeks without title and after I call and inquired it came shortly after. I had the same issue with scheduling delivery.

@Tezlanian - Just curious who you called? I want to make sure I call the best point of contact so that way I don't bother someone in the wrong area with this. Thanks for any info you can provide!

@Tezlanian - Just curious who you called? I want to make sure I call the best point of contact so that way I don't bother someone in the wrong area with this. Thanks for any info you can provide!

The person I had assigned to me originally to plan delivery and payment took care of it after I inquired. That person seemed really busy a while ago when I went through it and Model 3 production was a trickle. I am sure it's even worse now.

• Helpful
Reactions: tommyboy21
No different now... I'm in Florida...the CPO was in NY (where it came off lease and went through Manheim) ...and it's still titled in NJ (original title) .... my temp tags & registration expire this weekend.... no sign of title.

I purchased P3D+ model back on Sept 2018. Paid 100% in cash during the delivery date. Tesla has not sent me the title to the car as of yet. Contacted them and they are still researching stage. What car company does that? I am being patient but this seems dysfunctional to me.

• Informative
Reactions: 1375mlm
I purchased P3D+ model back on Sept 2018. Paid 100% in cash during the delivery date. Tesla has not sent me the title to the car as of yet. Contacted them and they are still researching stage. What car company does that? I am being patient but this seems dysfunctional to me.

Ah, as a Nevada resident who picked up my car in Rocklin on 30 Sept and still do not have aTitle I feel your pain. Earlier this week I was FedEx'd some additional Odometer paperwork to return (to Las Vegas no less) for a Title.

Reactions: AnesDragon
I've had a couple non-Tesla companies do the same thing. When I say companies of course I mean dealerships..