Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30K Miles on my MS - Do I need to do anything to it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2019 MS 100D just turned over to 30K miles and is 15 months old. At 15K miles I took it to Tesla for a potential alignment and wheel rotation but after checking it out and driving the car the SA said none of that was necessary, that the tires were evenly worn front and back, and I should save the $180 they would charge me.

Now at 30K miles - most all highway - the car drives like new still as far as I can tell. The tires are worn evenly front and back and there is still a good amount of tread on them.

Do I need to do anything service-wise? Kind of a new experience for me coming from ICE cars.

See Attached..

“clean & lubricate brake calipers” seems to be the only thing that fits based on your mileage

Attachments

• 1B05060E-F526-4207-AF12-B2F85BD45439.jpeg
    1B05060E-F526-4207-AF12-B2F85BD45439.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 69
Consider doing rotations yourself. Tire stores never torque or install wheels properly in my experience.

At least check the lug nut torque, 129 ft lbs, with a breaker bar and scale, if you don't have a torque wrench.

Consider doing rotations yourself. Tire stores never torque or install wheels properly in my experience.

At least check the lug nut torque, 129 ft lbs, with a breaker bar and scale, if you don't have a torque wrench.
It can be worse than that. The last time I had my tires rotated (on my Jag) Discount Tire rotated the old spare into the much newer group of four and that caused a blowout within a few days.

You might consider replacing wiper blades if they aren’t cleaning as well as new. If your long blade suffers from chatter, drop to a 26” blade. You won’t notice a difference in cleaning area, and the chatter will be reduced. Bosch Ikons have a good reputation. Check the brake fluid for water if you live in a damp climate. Clean the charge port and connector with electrical contact cleaner and q tips. It’s perfectly safe and dirty connections are the cause of a lot of slow charging complaints.

Reactions: aerodyne