Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

310 range without premium package availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

azred

Apr 12, 2016
Chandler, AZ
After looking at the delivery estimator, it is unclear to me which of the three time ranges apply to an extended range, standard interior $44,000 car (plus a non-black color $1,000). I doubt anyone else can say for certain either but I would be interested in your interpretations. My initial thought is I'd have to fork over the $5000 for premium interior to get the car in 2017. However, there is a reference in the Model 3 FAQ to a white, non-premium upgrades interior coming in Fall 2017, so obviously that would suggest I might still be in the Oct-Dec timeframe for my likely choice. (Of course, it may well be that the white interior will be extra cost too.) One of the local salespeople interpreted this information to mean you could configure the white, non-premium but you wouldn't get it until later, but I don't know why it is even mentioned if it would cause a delay. Oh well.

Last edited:
I think you parsed the sentence wrong, but yes, the FAQ does indicate that you will be able to purchase a long range non-PUP car in the autumn (and separately there will be a white interior available in the fall, I'm assuming it will be an option for PUP cars, though).

Of course it also says that the base battery will be available starting in November, which is also Autumn, so it's not clear the relative timing between the two.