Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2017 model 3 need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys so my original model 3 got totaled and I just got the money from the insurance so I’ve been shopping around and I want to buy used. So I found a 2017 tesla M3 “standard range” for sale…. But when I went to check it out the interior was a long range interior but it had the center console of the refreshed 2020 model 3 and suede headliner and the premium upgrade package. It has 126k miles and I went into service mode and the only error it had was something about coolant level. CARFAX says no accidents only one owner what do you guys think?

Attachments

• D9944BCA-9E44-4E15-B5DB-E852E1C05452.jpeg
    D9944BCA-9E44-4E15-B5DB-E852E1C05452.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 133
No such thing as a 2017 standard range. Less than a couple were made, and they were all long range RWD Vehicles.
I believe this is a Frankenstein vehicle - salvaged shell w parts from other cars. Only bad if not disclosed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocHolliday
All 2017 Model 3 came one way, Long Range RWD, and IIRC the only options were exterior exterior color and AP options. Alcantara headliner was standard on 2017 cars and very few early 2018 cars before it was discontinued.

I personally would appreciate the refresh center console as it’s not a cheap upgrade and to me, arguably, looks better. Make sure it has the USB-C data module or else sentry mode won’t work as it got moved to the glovebox in the refresh cars. If it doesn’t, the part is relatively inexpensive.

Most used car dealers don’t much about Tesla, they probably walked to the back, noticed it didn’t say Dual Motor and assumed it was a SR car.

All 2017 Model 3 came one way, Long Range RWD, and IIRC the only options were exterior exterior color and AP options. Alcantara headliner was standard on 2017 cars and very few early 2018 cars before it was discontinued.

I personally would appreciate the refresh center console as it’s not a cheap upgrade and to me, arguably, looks better. Make sure it has the USB-C data module or else sentry mode won’t work as it got moved to the glovebox in the refresh cars. If it doesn’t, the part is relatively inexpensive.

Most used car dealers don’t much about Tesla, they probably walked to the back, noticed it didn’t say Dual Motor and assumed it was a SR car.

Speaking of badges... my 2018 Model 3 performance (nor any other performance model 3 delivered in 2018) didnt have a badge on it. They gave us those later (sometime in 2019) because they were not ready yet (the badges). I never put mine on, its in a auto parts bag I have in my garage, lol.

Anyway, back on topic. I personally would probably target a heat pump version of the model 3 if I was buying one now. My wifes model Y and my Model 3 are both performance versions, and have similar efficiency, even though the model Y is supposed to be 10% worse, if driven in a similar fashion on similar roads. I think the heat pump works really well for people who dont get "real" weather, like those of us in california.

Thank you so much!!! I ended up getting a 2018 M3 Long range with 50k miles on it for 28k!! IT was a steal!

Reactions: DocHolliday