Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32 Amps is not enough!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Move? :)

My in-laws are in Wisconsin. They vacate the state every December for Florida and do not return until March or April.

Plus, can you even buy a Tesla in Wisconsin? I thought they have dealer only sales there.

I couldn't live in FL a vacation is enough, not even the temp/humidity that gets me it is the traffic/crime. I grew up in a rural part of NJ(does exist) and love WI.
True no Tesla dealers in state but I can visit my sister in Minneapolis for dealer visits and we do have a Ranger.
-20f just makes you appreciate +70f more.

I got by one winter on a NEMA 14-30 I would say it was getting by, and installed a Wall Connector before the next winter. My vintage 2014 P85 has dual chargers and I do use that capacity sometimes.

Reactions: jboy210
I couldn't live in FL a vacation is enough, not even the temp/humidity that gets me it is the traffic/crime. I grew up in a rural part of NJ(does exist) and love WI.
True no Tesla dealers in state but I can visit my sister in Minneapolis for dealer visits and we do have a Ranger.
-20f just makes you appreciate +70f more.

I got by one winter on a NEMA 14-30 I would say it was getting by, and installed a Wall Connector before the next winter. My vintage 2014 P85 has dual chargers and I do use that capacity sometimes.

I was thinking about a road trip to Wisconsin. But, was a bit concerned about driving my X75 in Wisconsin because of charging issues. Supercharger map looks pretty sparse. Especially since my relatives live in places like Winneconne and Shawano. On thing in my favor is we never visit anymore in winter. Too cold for a Californian.:D

I was thinking about a road trip to Wisconsin. But, was a bit concerned about driving my X75 in Wisconsin because of charging issues. Supercharger map looks pretty sparse. Especially since my relatives live in places like Winneconne and Shawano. On thing in my favor is we never visit anymore in winter. Too cold for a Californian.:D
Oshkosh and Green Bay superchargers should cover you, Wausau might be handy too.
If you need some help planning PM me.
I have a trip up past Houghton MI planned, now that will pose some charging challenges but think I have it worked out.

Reactions: jboy210