Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3illin!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo, I raced my P85 for the last 7 years and added this 2020 3P- last year on the 7th anniversary of my S.
can I say, definitely much more Thrillin!
IMG_3643.JPG

Got this one actually with the intention of racing - not just a hardware store / dog hauler that happens to do decent in most categories
So far in the first year - I won a freaking Hillclimb stock on street tires(1st vid), took top Pax for our autocross club, set a new SS record for a fall enduro(driving like crap too), 4th overall on Maryhill loops hillclimb (2nd vid)
all w/ just a front sway bar o_O...now I have coil overs, brakes, a rear bar, bushings and should have all linkages by next season for ASP and shortly after SM.

listening to music on this drive :p

local auto X

Medford autox (karting track)

I've posed this question and gotten no response...
why the power cut on launch? just after 60mph it drops off rapidly. Assuming GPS or / expected speed vs time is off & the car is trying to limit to a preset speed profile or something screwey? I'm running square but smaller diameter 18" 255 A7... almost crashed me on my 4th run when I realized drop throttle and stab and it removes the tapering off power and gives a kick at 70mph

I've posed this question and gotten no response...
why the power cut on launch? just after 60mph it drops off rapidly. Assuming GPS or / expected speed vs time is off & the car is trying to limit to a preset speed profile or something screwey? I'm running square but smaller diameter 18" 255 A7... almost crashed me on my 4th run when I realized drop throttle and stab and it removes the tapering off power and gives a kick at 70mph

didn’t watch the video, but if you look at power graphs from scanmytesla you will see the rear motor tapers off starting around 45mph, then the front motor follows it around 60ish. My assumption is that the battery pack just simply doesn’t have the juice to keep turning the motors like it does at a lower rpm.

didn’t watch the video, but if you look at power graphs from scanmytesla you will see the rear motor tapers off starting around 45mph, then the front motor follows it around 60ish. My assumption is that the battery pack just simply doesn’t have the juice to keep turning the motors like it does at a lower rpm.
@Sam1 ..not the problem at all, watch the first few seconds or so of the video, 100% throttle, cold battery, cold motors...power starts dropping like it thinks it is loosing traction I assume. throttle 'refresh' resets the power to full available...but sketchy to need to do a full throttle drop and stab when braking point is approaching so fast on the first cold turn!!!

@Sam1 ..not the problem at all, watch the first few seconds or so of the video, 100% throttle, cold battery, cold motors...power starts dropping like it thinks it is loosing traction I assume. throttle 'refresh' resets the power to full available...but sketchy to need to do a full throttle drop and stab when braking point is approaching so fast on the first cold turn!!!

Ah I seen it now in the video. Hard to say but I think scanmytesla can monitor the traction control system metrics. @MasterC17 is probably your best bet for input since he races regularly

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
Nice runs. Saw you at the Medford Fall Enduro (Wife and I were in the Black Evo).

Wife is getting 2021 Model3 performance for me to develop a few parts on so maybe we'll see you there next year.
That sucks for me! You drove smooth, I barely saw any of your driving but hear you are pretty amazing
Any parts you’d be into sharing? I plan on running 315 square hopefully...ran super slow in Medford I was kinda sad! W/ that weak SS record.